Help calm me down

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Just got back from bike week last weekend and noticed my busa is missing a fairing bolt...one of the short shoulder ones on the lower right front...also just turned 7K miles so?..decide I oughta go ahead and change out air and fuel filters as well...call the local super stealership and...

They don't have or carry the stock fairing bolts buuuuuut....they have aftermarket bolt kits available in colors w/ about 10 bolts for $9.95.

I figure...okay...not too bad but ask...

"And they fit my busa's fairings?"

answer: "Well I dunno but they come with these universal rubber grommets with threaded steel inserts."

Okay...that's a wash...so I move onto....

"How about air and fuel filters for my '03 busa?"

answer: "Lemme check."

(insert elevator musac here)...hold for 5 minutes...and..

"Sorry sir...we don't have either but if you swing by and lay down a deposit we'll gladly order them for you and they should be in by wednesday."

Me: "Wait a minute here...you guys are Kaw/Honda/Suzuki dealers and sell hayabusa's left and right yet don't or won't carry BASIC GARDEN VARIETY MAINTAINANCE PARTS FOR THE BIKES YOU SELL?...and now I hafta come in..lay down a deposit to place an order and then wait so I can come in again to pick'em up?"

answer: "Yes sir."

Me: "Has anyone told you lately that...YA'LL SUCX!!!"

bang,click...eom.

help me out here folks...it's been awhile....what/who/where is "The Easy Button" here?...i.e. popular online vendors noted for quick, reliable deliver of basic oem maintainance items..cause I'm sick of dealers who'll sell a product they won't offer the most "BASIC" customer support for...god I hate this sorry azz stealership shid!
mad.gif

L8R, Bill.
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142698656 -->

I agree with you. I never give the dealership my business, unless I have no other choice. Buy the goods online, and be done with it. Dealerships here in Vegas, NEVER have parts in stock. Its a joke. I wait for them to order it? I just order it myself. Its cheaper anyway.

Bill,

Talk to a different dealer. They can get them. I have had to order a few myself. The down side..... $4-$8 each! If another local dealership can't get them for you, let me know. I'll run down to the local shop and pick a few up for you.

Later,

Steve

I agree with you.  I never give the dealership my business, unless I have no other choice.  Buy the goods online, and be done with it.  Dealerships here in Vegas, NEVER have parts in stock.  Its a joke.  I wait for them to order it?  I just order it myself.  Its cheaper anyway.
Aint that the truth !!
mad.gif

Bill,

Talk to a different dealer.  They can get them.  I have had to order a few myself.  The down side..... $4-$8 each!  If another local dealership can't get them for you, let me know.  I'll run down to the local shop and pick a few up for you.

Later,

Steve
Thanks Tree....but I wouldn't putcha through that man...I just need a good online source to get this shid from...shipped direct with a phone call and a cc.

what really pi$$es me off is that whilke they have absolutely nothing else in stock?...I bet they use all that shelf space for a gazzillion freaking $12-$16 freaking oil filters...fuggers always have them in stock...with a smile...like they done sumpt'in for ya...P$$ ME OFF!
mad.gif

Sorry for your troubles. I go through this with the track bike all the time, but it's a '98 model, so I kinda understand why.

Here ya go Bill
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142699038 -->

downloadbg.gif

i hear that! i usually order from ron ayers or bike bandit just to avoid the stealership. i shuffle between 2 dealerships and they usually never stock any basic "gardern variety parts" as you put it. i feel your pain.
mad.gif

Might want to give Jester a call...when I ordered a stem-stand from him a few days ago, he also let me know he can get just about anything in. I had a list of general stuff I was going to order from Dennis Kirk and thought I would see what jester could do...well he came in quite a bit lower than Dennis Kirk, and is able to get the parts quicker for me. Anyhow, just an Idea....I would say try Local Logan who is over at SH.org, but he's not working where he use to and not sure if he has found another Suzuki Dealership to work for...he was great to deal with.

Same type dealer here, but, these dudes use new bikes as scavenge bikes.  Salesman pulled me a fairing bolt off a new Busa last week  
wow.gif

They did have an oil filter for $12.95  
laugh.gif

Another good conversation with their parts guy:

Me "You have any frame sliders for a Busa?"

him "We are out of stock, if you pay I'll order you some"

Me "Do you usually stock them?"

him "Yes"

2 weeks later............

Me "Frames sliders for a Busa come in"

him "Not yet, if you pay for em I'll order them"

Me "Do you usually stock them?"

him "Yes"

2 weeks later..................(while getting fairin bolt and oil filter)

him "Hey, where did you get those frame sliders?"

me "Great guy on the interenet"

him "Dam I woulda got you some"

me " REALLY? "

jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|hbr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142699696 -->

P1010036__Medium_.JPG

Ronayers.com is a great place for the little stuff and you can look up the part numbers yourself .

It's not uncommon for dealers not to stock every nut and bolt for every bike .

Also , a fuel filter for a 2003 Hayabusa is a rather uncommon item as well
biggrin.gif

Jinks, everything now days is computerized. If the dealer don't sell one a month, they don't keep it on the shelf. Just the way they all do business. If they only sold Hayabusas, could be a different story. However, if they kept fuel and air filters for every bike, make and model it would be a very large inventory and expense plus take up tons of shelf space.

I have a great dealership to work with and they take extremely good care of me but they don't keep air and fuel filters on the shelf either. I personally don't buy anything on line if I can buy it from my dealer. May cost me a few more bucks but if it doesn't work or don't fit or whatever, I simply take it back to the dealer and they take care of it for me, no questions ask. You have to pay for good service and I for one, don't mind.

Apparently they don't trust you or you wouldn't have to pay up front to order? I just call my dealership and tell them what I want and it's done. I pay my account at the end of the month and everybody is happy. However, I have purchased 5 new busa's from this dealership along with four gixxer 1K's, one SV650, one GSXR600K6 and a used Aprilia 1000. I wouldn't think of going anywhere else to buy parts. I think it all boils down to, if you are loyal to them and they know it, they will work hard to keep you happy. Or at least that's my experience. I've heard to many horror stories about on line shopping. I'll pay more and buy locally.

sad.gif
frustrating

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142700683 -->

1.Ronayers.com  is a great place for the little stuff and you can look up the part numbers yourself .

2.It's not uncommon for dealers not to stock every nut and bolt for every bike .

3.Also , a fuel filter for a 2003 Hayabusa is a rather uncommon item  as well
biggrin.gif
1. Thank you.

2. I understand...knew i'd be a longshot and wasn't surprised they did'n't have it...but...oddly enough though they carried several universal aftermaket bolt kits....in colors no less...room on the shelves for that eh?

3. Really?....well...if that's the general thinking 'round here?...then that explains to me why we have the occassional "FI Light Came On" annnnnd..."Failed Fuel Pump" threads/issues.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Apparently they don't trust you or you wouldn't have to pay up front to order? I just call my dealership and tell them what I want and it's done. I pay my account at the end of the month and everybody is happy. However, I have purchased 5 new busa's from this dealership along with four gixxer 1K's, one SV650, one GSXR600K6 and a used Aprilia 1000. I wouldn't think of going anywhere else to buy parts. I think it all boils down to, if you are loyal to them and they know it, they will work hard to keep you happy. Or at least that's my experience. I've heard to many horror stories about on line shopping. I'll pay more and buy locally.
Nice shot Tuf...even though it's "below the belt" with a question mark...
laugh.gif

However...if that is the case?...apparently they don't trust anyone in town as I've heard this story/biotch dozens of times from other customers at their parts counter.

Also...I bought my first ever streetbike from these guys...back in '74...a honda CB360T...when I was 16...even got the owner and his head mech so stoned they couldn't talk for hours...right after installing my power-roll big bore kit w/ cams and 2:1 Jardine...hey!...maybe he's still pi$$ed about that and now he's "Gett'in me Back" eh?
laugh.gif
oh the '70's!
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

I have a local supplier that has great customer service and can get you what ever you want. Speedhaus in Elkridge MD. They have a website Great pricing and fast ass service.

www.speedhaus.com

<!--EDIT|High Ranger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142704804 -->

1.Ronayers.com  is a great place for the little stuff and you can look up the part numbers yourself .

2.It's not uncommon for dealers not to stock every nut and bolt for every bike .

3.Also , a fuel filter for a 2003 Hayabusa is a rather uncommon item  as well
biggrin.gif
1. Thank you.

2. I understand...knew i'd be a longshot and wasn't surprised they did'n't have it...but...oddly enough though they carried several universal aftermaket bolt kits....in colors no less...room on the shelves for that eh?

3. Really?....well...if that's the general thinking 'round here?...then that explains to me why we have the occassional "FI Light Came On" annnnnd..."Failed Fuel Pump" threads/issues.  

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Dude , you might want do some research on what your calling a " fuel filter " for the post 1999 models before you go any farther
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back