Buell peg mod

ckrouze

Registered
Does any one know if these pegs or another brand with a similar lowering effect can be bought on line and where? I don't care to go to a harley dealer to buy them.

Does any one know if these pegs or another brand with a similar lowering effect can be bought on line and where? I don't care to go to a harley dealer to buy them.
Why
wink.gif
, they're only $30.00 ? I go to a Harley Dealership all the time when I'am in Tulsa to eat at their Restauant (JUST GREAT FOOD) but would probably NEVER buy a Harley
xblueman.gif
. They are just tooooo slow and Old Man-ish ("Humm" is that a word ) for me
laugh.gif

Call Dave Stueve at (920) 757-1651 . He is in Sales at Appleton HD. He does tons of mail order for the Buell merchandise. Be sure to mention that you are looking for XBS pegs and not the XBR pegs. The XBS version have a 1/2 in. drop in them to provide for more clearance. Hope that helps....

Thanks guys I'll order...Dagwood how are you conected to an Appleton HD dealer? Are you going to Road America?
idea3.gif

I used to own a Buell XB9SX before I came to my senses. No really, the Buell was a decent bike for the twisties and track days, but not as a daily commuter...it was in the shop too much. Road America...I wish!!

okay, whats the deal with the buell pegs? I assume that they stretch out your legs a little more? could somebody provide specifics? maybe a link?

There's a thread on them in the "Modifications" section. If you need any further info, just let me know.

Ed

There's one i want like now
cool.gif
It's   H  O  T  
firedevil.gif

L I N K Y

<!--EDIT|BUTTER2BOY
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142448418 -->

Rearsets.jpg

I called Seattle Harley and the dude was cool as hell! He shipped to me and I had em like 2 days later. Saved me a trip to "town"! Call your local Buell Dealer and ask if they will ship em to ya! Fair warning though not all Harley dealers are Buell dealers. And the pleasant experience I had was a first at a local Harley Dealership.

On a side note I was at the same shop a few weeks ago helmet shopping and looked at the pegs on the new Buell Ulysses. They appear to be the same shape as the XB pegs but much wider platform on top. Might be worth looking at if you tour a lot.

I actually looked at the ones from OnCycle they actually lower the pegs about an inch below stock in part of the adjustment range.

Hmmm...  guy on another thread said they are higher and further back.  Could be wrong I guess, it's happened once or twice before!  
tounge.gif

This is a reply I got to an email I sent to Cycle Cat back in June of last year. My email was in reference to the Cycle cat "Rips" series of bars and Rearsets. I'm pretty sure they know how much adjustment these things have.

I have checked the data you requested for the bar riser kit and
rearset kit for the Hayabusa. The bar kit will have an adjustment range of
1 9/16â€￾ above stock to 1 1/32â€￾ under stock. Measurement was taken from
ground to bar end. For the rearset set the maximum ranges are approximately
1â€￾ back 3â€￾ up, 2â€￾ down, these measurements are at the extremes of the set.
Hope this helps you out, if you have any more questions please feel free to
ask. Thanks.

Scott Reynolds

Design Engineer

Cycle Cat

those full rearsets are nice pieces.....but if you go down....they will not flex.

whereas the buells are spring loaded like the stockers.....just a thought.

Hey Churchkey, I'll take the buell pegs, seems the board is kinda goofed at the moment, send me the payment info in a pm when ya get this and I'll check tomorrow evening if thats ok with you. Thanks!

Back