Frame sliders

IMHO, mounting points are sturdier for the "fairing cut" sliders. Plus way cheaper price.

if you need blue "cut ones" I have a set of brand new vortex that I decided not to install. for sale of course.
wink.gif

I went the "no cut" route. Way more expensive, but I just couldn't bring myself to cut my baby. OK--call me a whimp!

are the no-cut sliders better than the cut the fairing sliders???
I have seen a lot of things about the "no cut sliders" buckling under the pressure of the fall and actually causing more damage to the plastics then the fall itself. Just remember the whole purpose of the slider is to save damage. I would go with the cut ones all the way. Better safe than sorry.

i was thinking of putting sliders on my bike. i really dont like the look of them but if they save the bike in a fall then i guess they are woth it. then i read a post on the other board about how they could cause more damage in a higher speed fall causing ther bike to start rolling. now i am up in the air about them.

I belive I have read here that they will only help in a tip over. In a wreck they can actually make the bike flip instead of slide and also tweak your frame. Do a search on here...i am sure you will answer your own questions.

If your prone to slow (as in walking speeds) they will definetely help. Anything faster and they really don't help much and CAN make the bike flip instead of sliding if they hook on something on the ground
blush.gif
. So, if your more likely to drop the bike in the garadge or service station, they're the way to go. If not, then it's a maybe - maybe not
wink.gif
. We give the info. you decide
tounge.gif

I have seen a lot of things about the "no cut sliders" buckling under the pressure of the fall and actually causing more damage to the plastics then the fall itself. Just remember the whole purpose of the slider is to save damage. I would go with the cut ones all the way. Better safe than sorry.
What is the I have seen mean? Has anyone with the no-cut sliders actually been in a fall and can document what the outcome was? I don't recall seeing anywhere this type of info. All I have seen is conjecture on what may happen. Until I see an account of an actual mishap, I will give the no-cuts the benefit of doubt and refrain from saying they are no good!!

What is the I have seen mean? Has anyone with the no-cut sliders actually been in a fall and can document what the outcome was? I don't recall seeing anywhere this type of info. All I have seen is conjecture on what may happen. Until I see an account of an actual mishap, I will give the no-cuts the benefit of doubt and refrain from saying they are no good!!
Typical internet rumor. I guarantee he can't come up with a single thread or picture to prove it.

Moosesbusa is the only guy that I know of that laid a bike down with them and they supposedly held up fine. And if you do a search you'll find the thread as proof along with pictures he posted...so it's not like I'm not just repeating something that I think I read on the internet one time while at band camp.
I also have a set on my bike so I know how well they're designed.

No actually he can remember EXACTLY where he saw pictures of this and it was on this board over a year ago. I was just offering some advice on them because I was considering them before I bought man. It's your bike people do what you want but when someone is asking a question theres no reason to be such a smart arse when someone offers help. Do what ya want.

Gotta agree with FLRIDER here.  I have seen no proof whatsoever that the "no cut" sliders will fail.  However, I have seen and read alot of speculation by so called "experts" who would like everyone to believe that they know their stuff!
Bottom line, are they expensive ?  YES!!  Will they fail?  I sinceraly doubt it!  That said, it's your bike do what you want!

Like I said before, if your in a REAL go down, no slider is going to help
down.gif
! Major damage will be done
sad.gif
. So in my perspective, they'll all help in a tip over or sloooooow drop
smile.gif
. At speed, FORGET ABOUT IT ! Your going to have major damage no matter what you've got. Me, I like the no cut, because I don't have to do anything to the bike I might want to change when SELL time comes. And from the get offs I've been in at the track at speed, sliders only help you get back to the pits with damage, not without damage  
race.gif
 !  

So, pick what suits you, they both work for what THEY were designed for  
ss011.gif

I went this route because I read what everybody else said and then made up my own mind. These guys only make frame sliders! They sell a set of no drill sliders for the Hayabusa but they even say they are not as stong as the frame mounted sliders. Top notch stuff in my opinion. Depends on how brave you are about drilling big gaping holes in your fairing. I did it and I sleep better at night having done so.

http://www.motovationusa.com/GSX1300RR.html

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1349

http://www.motovationusa.com/Install_print-GSX1300RRace.html

No actually he can remember EXACTLY where he saw pictures of this and it was on this board over a year ago. I was just offering some advice on them because I was considering them before I bought man. It's your bike people do what you want but when someone is asking a question theres no reason to be such a smart arse when someone offers help. Do what ya want.
Then by all means, please show us. I'm sure all the people who own these sliders would love to see this picture. Street&Track (a valued board member) would probably be interested too as he went through all the trouble of importing them.

I was the first to order them, there has been mile long threads discussing them and yet someone right in this very forum other than Moosesbusa wrecked with them, posted up pics and it didn't make headlines and catch anyone elses attention?
rock.gif

Or are you maybe confusing that $230 slider kit with those $10 eBay rubber bumpers that replace a fairing bolt and cause this damage?

oops.jpg

If it wasn't those then post up some proof to back up your claims.

as I carefully tip toe between the droplets of pi$$ to interject a few words of wisdom I offer up the following two thoughts...

1. The purpose of frame sliders is to..."Protect The Frame"....however..imho?

2. They may also help to prevent your engine cases from cracking and bleeding Mobil1 all over the asphault thereby permitting you the privilage of "Riding" your wounded but not dead stud back home.

I had zero hesitation in making the first mod to my Busa which was the installation of "cut through the fairings" Votex Frame Sliders....no regrets then and...no regrets now....mindset being....screw the plastic...that can be repaired and/or replaced...however...engine or frame damage is more often than not...a completely different story.

Nike' Baby...Nike.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

think about this in the cars...is bumpers in the cars going to save the car accidents in the highway? I think its only for around the parking lot...just like the slider here...I don't know who put the name that thing slider on it but, it doesn't slide on a highway accident it will make the bike flip instead of sliding think about it when you let something to slide with some spike in the middle of it...will they slide? one thing causes another...so my opinion is don't use it
argue.gif

Back