What's the *best* way to lower a busa?

JDookie

Registered
Okay, I decided to lower and stretch my new bike 3 inches.

I did a search on lowering, and found about 50/50 using spacers vs. a whole new tree. I am leaning toward the new triple tree since I'd rather not raise the bars any. Anyone have any suggestion for a new tree? I want something that looks real trick if I can find it.

Also, I'd like to stretch it by about 3-4 inches. I'm looking at those bolt on adjustable kits to save a few bucks, plus give me the option of going back to stock if I choose. Other than the adjustable extension, what's the best chain to get? How many links?

Here's what I'm looking at right now:
McCoy's lowering links and extension
That page shows the swingarm extension, and two lowering links to choose from. I'm looking at the draglink.

<!--EDIT|JDookie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142318518 -->

are you going for looks or drag racing. dont know about the for looks part but if drag racing get front end lowering strap, 3 hole dogbones, and bolt on swing arm ext. get an ek chain zzz. not for sure exactly how many links you need. i read somewhere either 2 links extra for every extra inch or 4 links for every inch. cant remember but its on here somewhere or maybe i read it on schnitz's website.

Back