Seen a cracked frame from a hard wheelie landing?

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
One of the mechanics at my dealership who races bikes himself was telling how he has see cracked Busa frames and other bikes @ the steering head area from a hard wheelie landing.

Ive never heard of this happening , have you?

Not that I land hard enough wheelies to bottom the forks but I am sure there are many folks that do, especially on Busas with their heavy front end.

Yea, I agree, a guy I know cracked a zx7 frame, and had it braced a welded, but it was a result of MANY weelies

worst i seen was the new K5 1000's frame cracking like that....never heard of it on the busa though

Well obviously you would have to bottom the forks so that the force would have no where to go but up to the stem.

I suppose if a guys just sets his suspension up accordingly he could avoid a cracked frame
myself I dont think ive ever bottomed the forks on any bike except for my SV650..those things were like marshmallows.

K5s have cracked at the steering head area but all the ones I have seen were from a wreck, not a wheelie. The K5s front ewnd is so light and the front suspension so stiff that its almost impossible to bottom the forks if your under 250lbs

well my frame had about a 3"-4" crack in my frame. had the frame replace last year. car hit me thats the only reason why it cracked

How you feelin today James? Are your buns a little sore? Looks like you took a kicking there young man? Heal up soon man, the weather is getting better every week. Was in the fifties today and no rain!

Saw it happen one time. About 15 ft. from where I was standing when the guy came down, it hit so hard that after it snapped the frame he went over the front and landed on his head and shoulder. It was at a stunt fest, he was wearing a lid but no shirt. Had some good rash. It was on a 600.

Why do stunters feel the need NOT to wear a helmet and atleast a shirt? Are they really that dumb?

Why do stunters feel the need NOT to wear a helmet and atleast a shirt? Are they really that dumb?
Must be a testosterone thing. Glad I dont care if people think Im a sissy for wearing clothes
biggrin.gif
I dont always wear a lid, but always have on clothes.

Back