The launch

ckrouze

Registered
I need help! I'm new to the Hayabusa and was out this weekend practicing some launches and I'm having two problems...one is the proper rpm/clutch technique(duh!) and the other is the 1rst/2nd gear transition...that being the ability to get my body back into proper position to execute the shift. I've been riding for thirty years and have had some of what I thought were strong bikes but this one adds new meaning
wow.gif
Any thoughts...ie different seat/technique/air shifter. I've always prided myself on being good off the line and am a believer that with proper tecnique its often possible to slay much more powerful bikes ...now I sit on the other side of the fence and don't want to be smacktalk for some punk on a 600
1zhelp.gif
Thanks!

Does your clutch [ chatter ] when sliding it out or is it smooth... My 01 chatterd like crazy--
untill i put a updated fiber plate and a belvile spring and a skinny spacer --- furthest in disc on the clutch pack-- parts were made by Suzuki. My guess to a good launch is holding the rev's steady
@ around 6000 --slide the clutch out and increase throttle and keep the rev's steady --what you are doing is trying to manually make your clutch work like a slipper clutch-- in a sense a torque converter. Hmm
smile.gif

If your going to be doing a lot of drag racing, you need to contact www.brockracing.com/ and get the One-piece Clutch and Clutch Cushion kit before you do some damage.

I didn't the first time around and now have to put a new inner/outer basket in mine....
sad.gif

Once you have those mods, stay forward and low. I hold around 2,000rpm's and as the clutch is released just feed the gas not letting the REV's drop. Just make sure you are wide open throttle by the TREE.
wink.gif

The clutch won't take much if you are holding it at high RPM and trying to slip it all the way out (like a 600). The BUSA makes to much power for that. Same with the gear change. Stay forward and low and be ready for the 1-2 shift WITHOUT the clutch lever. Just blip it and keep going.

Hmmm ,I didn't realize the clutch was that weak...I better stop and reevaluate. Also thats a very different launch regimen than I'm used to, but I'll try it . Thanks much for your advise!

Back