Busa nearly bit... hard.

PacerX

Registered
Well, it was finally nice enough to ride in Michigan this weekend, and I had a terrific two days on the Beast.

And Sunday, coming home from the restaurant I had a fine Mexican meal at, I nearly met the pavement the hard way.

It was the left turn out of the parking lot, on a cold, cold, cold rear tire. I surely didn't get on it hard at all, but the temp. must have been getting close to the 40's, and the rear tire spun and stepped out wicked quick on me, with some attendant headshake.

After a loud "Oh SH!T!!!" I managed to catch it - I didn't close the throttle all the way (just a little) and rode it out until it straightened up.

It was close, and I think I sprained something in that I puckered up so hard that I'm still watertight on Monday.

MORAL OF THE STORY:
In Michigan, be very, very careful on you particular Beast until the weather/tire warms up. The machine doesn't need much throttle in a turn on a cold day to put you on the pavement in a big hurry.

At least you kept it upright
cool.gif
Cold tires will bite you
wink.gif

Definately a good job keeping her up. I was out Saturday and put on 106 miles on my Busa. I was paranoid at first, but after the tires warmed up and I had about 70 miles on the bike.... yea this was the first ride on her.... I was able to get some good riding in
cool.gif

You did right by not panicing and working on maintaining control. Thankfully, your level head kept you upright.

Lessons learned.

Glad it worked out without pain or expense.

You did right by not panicing and working on maintaining control.  Thankfully, your level head kept you upright.

Lessons learned.

Glad it worked out without pain or expense.
You know, I have have a new appreciation for the guys on the track who'll hang a bike out at will.

I sure as heck just can't do it.

GOOD JOB KEEKING IT RUBBER DOWN.:)
Thanks, but yeesh...

It had a lot more to do with luck than skill.

All I could remember was "don't get completely out of it... don't get completely out of it... ride it out... ride it out...".

I'll bet if I just closed the throttle it would have pogo-sticked me. It pitched my considerable mass (+260lbs.) violently as it was.

<!--EDIT|PacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142268224 -->

dang sleeping tires will get you...got me one time thou no damages but wake the heck out of me....
argue.gif

Back