Is it normal?

hydrabusa

Donating Member
Registered
I live in MD, and I got the bike from Rocky Mount NC...on the way to return home with brand new busa (was middle of Aug.)
got caught in the traffic on I495, and then I saw the temp gauge was all the way to the top right under the red dot...and motor was jerking, somehow I managed to home, when I call in to the dealer they said "It is normal its 95 F degree outside what do you expect?
rock.gif
??"  I look stupid all of sudden @#$%&%$#... but when I ride old kind air cooled bike?
I never have this kind of problem...Maybe its the busa's way or just mine? or can somebody educate me little bit? It does that when the weather is real hot...
argue.gif

<!--EDIT|ricebuzz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142236184 -->

Thats to hot...it's got air in the radiator...I would check the coolant level and burp it.

I put a muzzy fan on mine and used engine ice and that seemed to help alot in traffic....it cooled quicker when sitting.

yup...too hot. Even WITH a 95 degree day.

Heck, where I'm from, it don't get hot until it hits 98 degrees. Even then, my busa was always at the halfway point.

I'd check the coolant flow, make sure its not got an air pocket or somehow blocked up somewhere. I'd also suggest some blue ice or water wetter stuff ... also a muzzy fan (get one from gmbusa for a great price
cool.gif
) will help.

I had a bad over heating issue 2yrs ago... put blue ice in and havent looked back once, never even close to over heating
cool.gif
its not cheap but it works... just ask VABusa... she can attest to it all
laugh.gif

cool.gif

Overheating like that can't be good for the motor..Be careful

I'd check the coolant flow, make sure its not got an air pocket or somehow blocked up somewhere.  I'd also suggest some blue ice or water wetter stuff ... also a muzzy fan (get one from gmbusa for a great price
cool.gif
) will help.

I had a bad over heating issue 2yrs ago... put blue ice in and havent looked back once, never even close to over heating
cool.gif
  its not cheap but it works... just ask VABusa... she can attest to it all
laugh.gif
I gotta check the coolant level and the flow, after do all that. I'll try something else, was it engine ice? blue ice? what is the exact name? do you know? or will they know when I mention it?
argue.gif

cool.gif

yeah, engine ice... its blue color
wink.gif
sorry its late, i should be sleeping not typing
blush.gif

get engine ice, like 17-18 a bottle I think

I live in MD, and I got the bike from Rocky Mount NC...on the way to return home with brand new busa (was middle of Aug.)
got caught in the traffic on I495, and then I saw the temp gauge was all the way to the top right under the red dot...and motor was jerking, somehow I managed to home, when I call in to the dealer they said "It is normal its 95 F degree outside what do you expect?
rock.gif
??"  I look stupid all of sudden @#$%&%$#... but when I ride old kind air cooled bike?
I never have this kind of problem...Maybe its the busa's way or just mine? or can somebody educate me little bit? It does that when the weather is real hot...
argue.gif
Thats not normal at all...there's some serious shid going wrong somewhere.

lightly under halfway for mine it will rise above when doing more stop and go I'm in lubbock Texas area I had mine oout on some 105 degree days and just barely get above half way.

you can check all of the above,all of them can be possibilities. my 2005 did the samething come to find out that my thermostate was stuck from sitting in the crate and had a small air bubble in it. fix now, all good.
biggrin.gif

Way too hot dude. My temp guage even on the hottest of days will go just above then the fan will kick on and goes right back down to just under halfway. Check to see that the fan is coming on, and I have heard of having to burp the cooling system.

lightly under halfway for mine it will rise above when doing more stop and go I'm in lubbock Texas area I had mine oout on some 105 degree days and just barely get above half way.
Same here. I'm from Fort Worth, and trust me, it gets a lot hotter than you want to ride here. Mine stays below the middle at 105 outside temps. Might move to the middle if I sit for 15 minutes behind someone. Bone stock, 50/50 green antifreeze mix. Stock fan.

Mines an 05 and it does a lot better in the heat than I do.

If the red LIGHT on the temp guage comes on, the manual says to TURN OFF the bike. If the guage is just near the red LINE, then it's OK to run for a short distance, but keep a real close eye on it. Temp guage should only run a little above half-way, even in the hottest conditions. Seems that when new, sometimes the fan sticks before it first comes on. I'd take it to the dealer to have them make sure the fan's coming on at the proper temp.

Back