Getting her ready for the season...

drumminman

Donating Member
Registered
Bought a muzzy fan from GMBusa and installed it today. Thanks to the board here it was simple, even with the skimpy directions that came with it.
wink.gif

Also changed out the coolant; put some Redline Water Wetter in with the Peak long life antifreeze.

The Busa hasn't overheated yet, but it climbs over the 1/2 way mark when I'm sitting in traffic so hopefully this is a little prevention.:44:

Thought I might use some header tape too but no one had it in stock today. Anybody here ever use it and how effective was it?

just as a reminder to those that live in areas where feezing temps are not a factor.

the less antifreeze you can put in the system the better. it's best if you can eliminate it all together.

just as a reminder to those that live in areas where feezing temps are not a factor.
the less antifreeze you can put in the system the better.  it's best if you can eliminate it all together.

but if you do, you have to use water wetter.  as water
wetter is the lubricant that your cooling system needs.  normally when you use antifreeze you get that lubricant.  Also, if you use water you want to use distilled water as tap water has mineral deposits that can over time build up in a motor and reduce the effectiveness of a cooling system.  In cars it isn't as important as the coolant passages are much larger, however due to the high revving nature of bikes, you want to stick with the correct stuff.  But water does have a better cooling properties then actual antifreeze.

and race tracks like when you don't use antifreeze as well

<!--EDIT|clearwaterms
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142259324 -->

my point was :
water + watter wetter or engine ice = best solution (for those not concerned with freezing)
please always use distilled water people!

wink.gif

+1 on keeping the glycol off the tracks!

Back