Is it just me?

tobe1ask

Registered
Okay, I am starting to lean toward the new black 06 busa. However, I noticed that many of you have changed your exaust from the double to single. I hate the way the stock pipes look. I am in love with how high rise double pipes look on this bike. I also like how my 600rr looks with the undertail pipe but the closest i've seen to that on a busa is where the pipes come out of the fairings. So what's the deal? Advatages? Disadvantages. What are some first mods other than pipes, undertail kit and lowering it I should do before I bring my bike home?

Oh, and is it just me, but from what I can find there is not difference in the 06 LE and the 06 regular other than the color and LE on it. I like black so if there is no difference i'm definately going with black.

<!--EDIT|tobe1ask
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142194294 -->

go with black
cool.gif
hmf highmount carbon cans pcIII and a nice undertail

Okay, I am starting to lean toward the new black 06 busa. However, I noticed that many of you have changed your exaust from the double to single. I hate the way the stock pipes look. I am in love with how high rise double pipes look on this bike. I also like how my 600rr looks with the undertail pipe but the closest i've seen to that on a busa is where the pipes come out of the fairings. So what's the deal? Advatages? Disadvantages. What are some first mods other than pipes, undertail kit and lowering it I should do before I bring my bike home?

Oh, and is it just me, but from what I can find there is not difference in the 06 LE and the 06 regular other than the color and LE on it. I like black so if there is no difference i'm definately going with black.
So did you go down to the open house at Rosenau? I was there as a matter of fact, the only 06 LE Busa that showed up. I rolled in with 7 other guys on 954 and gsxr 1K's.

As far as the 06 Le and 06 standard, the only difference is the color. I like the paint scheme and more so the black frame. I put on a set of Yoshi TRS bolt-ons... no need for a power commander unless you want one. I didn't go with a full system because I was not looking for more power.

Well heres the scoop. If you switch the exhaust from a dual to a 4-2-1 race system on the Busa you are gonna get a totally different animal. Being as you are having to ask this question I am guessing that you aren't too familiar with bikes right now. Is this your first bike or first busa? If it is man I just wanna offer a little advice. Don't buy a 4-2-1 race setup yet. The busa is a powerfull bike as it sits and a race system really requires a little more finese and feel for your motorcycle. If you wack the throttle wrong going around a turn with a exhaust like that the bike is gonna be a lot less forgiving. Now if this is the case for you I would recommend at least a season of riding the Busa to get a feel for it then consider doing that. If you hate the look that bad which I wouldn't blame you on that buy yourself a pair of bolt ons. They will look and sound great just won't give you the bite. Now having said that heres what you will get. When you go from duals to single depending on the setup you buy you will shave some dramatic weight off this bike. Your looking in the range of 30 lbs or so and it will make the bike seem a lot more flickable. Mapped right you will gain about 15 hp as well. Now one thing here is price. You are looking to spend roughly 800-1300 dollars on a 4-2-1 race setup depending on what you chose then after you buy that you will have to get a powercommander which is another 300$. So it will be an expensive choice but trust me well worth it. So there it is man. I hope this helped a little.

So did you go down to the open house at Rosenau? I was there as a matter of fact, the only 06 LE Busa that showed up. I rolled in with 7 other guys on 954 and gsxr 1K's.

As far as the 06 Le and 06 standard, the only difference is the color. I like the paint scheme and more so the black frame.  I put on a set of Yoshi TRS bolt-ons... no need for a power commander unless you want one. I didn't go with a full system because I was not looking for more power.
Actually Modidy I also just put on bolt-ons.....THEN I installed a pc, and it does make a very noticeable diff in throttle response/snap. I think the word gets spread that bolt ons and/or a pc will make no diff so everybody starts to assume thats the gospel...which I almost did. But theres tons of dyno tests and info on the web and here including charts from Viper and Scorpion among others showing 6 hp gains from bolt-ons. Sometimes you have to actually try something rather than believe the "grapevine" info. Invest in a Cobra pc which is a cheaper and simpler but VERY effective way to test the no difference theory....you'll be QUITE suprised
wink.gif
tounge.gif

You need nothing, I did the same exact thing. Went from a 600rr to the stock Busa and had no regrets. I thought I was going to but, the Busa is an extrodinary bike that will grow on you unlike any other bike out there!!! You will not miss the 600 trust me on this one!!

Back