Best performing street tire?

mdfdbusa

Registered
What do you all recommend for the best performing tire? Interested for street riding.
TIA!
cool.gif

... depends on your style but i prefer Michelin Pilot .

street in no particular order: Metzeler M1 M3, Pirelli Diablo, Michelin Pilot power, Bridgstone BT14, Dunlop Qualifier
Those are the top runners and are all so close, you won't reach THEIR street limitations if you are asking this question

Pirelli Diablo Super Corsas SC-2

Michelin Pilot Powers

I've used both. like them both the same. I didn't see a difference in heating them up on the street. (although BA might be right) if you want better handeling in the twistys then drop to a 180. But i really like both. i go with whatever 1 i can get at a better price when i need 1.

thanx for all your replies. Anyone look into those new Dunlop D616s?
Also, where is the cheapest place to get the Michelin Pilot powers?

My stock tire is at 3200 miles and near death, How long do the Pilot Powers last? The way I ride it makes the difference I realize, but compared to 3200 miles on stock how do they compare?

I tried the pilot roads and loved them. I'm in Illinois so I'm not really using the sides as much as someone in the moutains. I do go to W.V. every year and they hold just fine. I also got 6500 miles from them. I'm trying BT12's this year because I got them cheap.

Michelin is owned and operated by the French and I don't buy them for personal reasons but I have been on them a number of times. I find them to give great grip at full lean and the pointed race profile works great on the track. The think I don't like about them is the casing is to flexible for my type of riding and they squirm under hard use. They don't hold a line as well as a tire with a stiff sidewall and for street riding, I'm not crazy about the steep race profile. But the absolute worst thing about the pilot power street tire is if you are a wheelie guy, they simply suck! You won't know what I mean unless you try it? Extremely hard to balance on that pointed profile combined with a soft flexible casing.

My favorite tire at the moment is the BTO14. Great tire!

I'm still rather fond of the Metzeler Sportec M1's. May give the Pilot Powers a try on the next set to really be able to give an opinion of one over the other.

I loved the OEM j type Battle axes how do the Michelins compare as far as grip and wear? I love the way my bike handles with a new set of skins under her and she is very predictable and thats what I am looking for. Of course I dont race but I love the twisties I didnt care for the Busa at first even though it was as light as the 1100 GSXR it didnt corner as well just my opinion but it felt heavier. I lifted the back with SV650 dog bones (I am 6 foot 4 tall anyway) and it seemed quicker responding. I changed a few settings and it is better but still not great. I am considering KS's suspension tune as I am near 20,000 miles on Maine roads anyway. I am not a road racer but when you go into a corner and it gets sharper or you have to go around something in the road you want confidence and predictability in your tire.

Back