Painted some tire lettering today.

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
Got the idea from , did attempt tire size numbers but they were to shallow, just have to see what it looks like during rotation. Got the tire pen at a local Cyclegear store, some auto parts stores carry them also. Sorry about missing tank & nose, still drying at the painters, matching Red. Word of caution - if you don't have patients and a steady hand, forget it. It will look like crap and you'll be using the F word more than they did in the Scarface movie.

Picture_1142.jpg

Nice but you can use pemanet markers also not sure of the price of the tire pen but markers are 99cents apiece at wally world..You got steady hands for sure dont realize what it takes until you do it

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142129312 -->

Tire3.JPG

Have been the tire pen way not easy with the sharpies you can get fine point medium point and alot easier to use.. Used to do my 00 VFR in Yellow came out pretty good..

7147.jpg

This was posted a while ago ...General concensus..was

1..too hard to keep clean

2..you look like a plank

<!--EDIT|bigdr
Reason for Edit: "Cant spell"|1142144795 -->

This was posted a while ago ...General concensus..was

1..too hard to keep clean

2..you look like a plank
Correction...

1..not if you shower each day with a loofah

2..you look like a flat board  
smileyexhibit.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

sorry, couldn't control myself.

and thanks BusaSamurai, didn't know sharpie made paint pens.

<!--EDIT|mymaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142148217 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Like the lettering not on the tread. White lettering makes it look race e r.
smile.gif

Got the idea from  , did attempt tire size numbers but they were to shallow, just have to see what it looks like during rotation. Got the tire pen at a local Cyclegear store, some auto parts stores carry them also. Sorry about missing tank & nose, still drying at the painters, matching Red.  Word of caution - if you don't have patients and a steady hand, forget it.  It will look like crap and you'll be using the F word more than they did in the Scarface movie.
I did that on my machines for awhile and really liked the look.....but it doesn't last for long and wears off real quick when washing your bike, rain ect. And it looks lousy partially faded...so you either have to touch it up quite abit or leave it off. As you can prolly tell I now choose to leave it off lol. let us know how it goes for you.....I bought mine from Pep Boys I think...maybe I had a crap brand  
wow.gif

tounge.gif

ps I like your all red mod to your Busa.....its gonna look damn good and get you more attention than you could have possibly imagined. I have an all red 04 LE, and shortly after I got it I purchased a Scorpio alarm because of the crazy amount of attention the bike attracts
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142167781 -->

tounge.gif

As a kid many years ago - like 45 or 50 of them - I used to hand-letter automobile tires for people using a small brush and rubber-based whitewall tire paint (I'm really showing my age here, but painted-on whitewalls were actually popular at one time). This was before raised white letter tires were available and I had a good little business going. The good part for me but the bad part for my clients was that the paint yellows and requires at least monthly redos. The alternatives, leaving it go or taking it off, both suck - one's ugly, the other's a pain because the paint I used really adhered to the rubber.

Ed

Used these, still gonna attempt smaller tire size numbers with pen on left so lower speed rotation looks balanced. Did scrub sidewalls beforehand with brush and simple-green till squeaky clean. The few places I did screw-up did not want to come off, had to scrap it with a hard edged tool. The tires are close to the wear bars and won't be on to long but will give me a hint if I want to do it with the next set which WON'T be on the bike IF the letters get painted again.

Picture_1152.jpg

Like the lettering not on the tread. White lettering makes it look race e r.
smile.gif
Some people dont like the tread I do and so do the judges on my best in show on the VFR they said that is what made it stand out to them..If you take your time and do it right it last longer then the tires on my rides..

those white letters look very nice:  must have taken some time and effort.  

Slightly off topic but has anyone tried these stickers?

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142206656 -->

1d_1_b.jpe

Back