My horror story ...

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
So, I've kept tight lipped about this until now, not to complicate the matter.

About September of last year, I ordered parts from someone that was suggested through this forum. Cathy Casto from J&M Chopper shop.

They only sent me half of my parts, and made lots of promises, but in the end they took all of my money and stopped answering my calls. I had to go through a huge battle with my credit card company to be refunded the cash, although not all of it.

People seemed to be pretty happy with her, and she was nice, but I regretted it in the end and lost most of a riding season.

Anyone else ever had problems like this?

Is she the one who gets great prices on Busa body panels? If so, yours is far from the first complaint I've read. Stick with ronayers in the future.

The first couple times, I had zero problems with her.  Ever since Kathy moved from her last shop, I have always had a problem.  I won't recommend her anymore.  It took me 2-months to get a inner/outer clutch basket.  

That is after I had to call and email her about 15-times and even then she said it shipped when it had not.  
mad.gif

I guess I'll have to try VMan1300 next time I need anything.  

Does anyone else sell OEM stuff at 10-15% over cost??
rock.gif

I've heard so many of these horror stories about buying on line bike parts and goodies. I buy strickly from my local dealer. It may cost me a few bucks more but I have no horror stories to tell. If there is a problem of any kind I take it back and they make it good.

I purchased a lower fairing from my dealer a year ago. It arrived all packaged up, I picked it up and sat on it for a month before installing it on the bike. I found a mounting tab that was damaged, probably in shipment, took it back and had a new one in a week.

My dealer discounts everything I buy and in return I spend lots of $ with them. I even buy speedohealers, helmets, Gloves, speedohealers, aftermarket sprockets, etc. through the dealer. Had a pair of gloves for a week and didn't like them, took them back and they exchanged them for a different pair, no questions.

I feel for anyone that gets taken with online shopping but there is a reason it's cheap. It's called "Risk". Just like the stock market, you can do well at times but there is allways that risk of loosing some or all of your money. If you play that game and loose your money, don't complain. It's all a part of buying on the internet. As you have learned my friend, not all out there in cyberspace are honest.

I too, have been bitten a couple of times with online purchases and learned the same lesson as you, the hard way.

I usually use Bikebandit.com but i also cross reference the price with Ron Ayers......Never had a single issue with either...I've done most of my business with bikeandit. They ship extremely fast

It depends on what you are looking for,

Bikebandit for OEM, good prices, good shipping, poor tracking #'s

Newenough for apparel, great service, great prices, fast shipping, good tracking #'s

Helmet harbor for lids, same as Newenough.

CalSportbike for a bunch of other stuff
smile.gif

Bottom line is stick with who you know and cn trust. Sponsors of this site. Other well know places. DON'T ALL KEEP (lots of you do) keep looking for the cheapest. i keep reading "Oh he has it for less" Reason some have it for less. Tons and tons of places out there and new ones every day. Some of the guys that have been around doing business have earned it.

I only use credit cards when buying online. if problems arise that cannot be resolved with seller, I dispute the charges with my cc company. Cross my fingers, knock on wood: have not lost a penny yet
blush.gif

Bottom line is stick with who you know and cn trust.  Sponsors of this site.  Other well know places.  DON'T ALL KEEP (lots of you do) keep looking for the cheapest.  i keep reading "Oh he has it for less" Reason some have it for less. Tons and tons of places out there and new ones every day.  Some of the guys that have been around doing business have earned it.
+1

Ya,you get what you pay for,AND sometimes you just get ripped off!!!!
I bought these fairing screens on ebay from a seller named "hope 1971", and these are just flat pieces of screen,NOT cut or Formed like i was led to believe!!!!!!!
I paid 35.00 US for them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have experienced nothing but good, polite and fast service dealing over the internet with Chaparral Motorsports.

Back