Help! hid install question

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
I'm finally installing the HID and would like to know if it matters which way the bulb is oriented in the housing. Should the bulb (glass) be facing the top or the thin, white piece with the wire. Does it really matter at all how the bulb goes in?

This is from the recent (couple months ago) group buy from China where the members split the set. Sorry, I can't find the instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

I forgot to add the picture of the bulb. Here it is.

hid_bulb.jpg

yes it does matter which way it goes in... I believe you want it shining into the reflector instead of out of the front.... as I recall in mine it was facing the bulb down so the metal strip was on the top. Your bulb looks different than the one I got in the ICEMAN kit, but probably the same deal.

ACTUALLY:

you need to remove that foam around the bulb. THATS just for packing in that plastic tube it came in. Then you will see it only fits one way in the stock holder. Also bulb should be snugg. You may need to bend the metal clip some to make it fit.

Ref the bulb you got from me. You want the annode tube (wire) facing down not up. It helps focus the beam pattern downward. Dont want to spot for snipers in the trees.

JD

In the event of upgrading HID...what is involve with? take out the head light housing and? just replacing burb? or something else is there?
argue.gif

ricebuzz,

I, like you, still have a few questions to be answered before I buy, but as far as I can tell, the HID kit is pretty much plug and play. The bulb is a H7 style bulb just like stock, and the ballast and igniter just plug right into the factory harness. I would assume that the hardest part is the removal of the nose fairing.

Back