Busa bash preps

turn your handle bars the other way. or sooner or later your bike is gonna fall over
sad.gif
!very nice set up ya got there!!!

3 ?s for ya .

can a passanger use the rack as a backrest ?
would it be comfortable ?
how much was it ?
thanks see you at the bash !

i have a set of soft saddlebags , i used them for a 200 mile trip ,no problems , but i am always worried that they will damage the paint . and this looks like a great alternative .:D

3 ?s for ya .

how much was it ?

i have a set of soft saddlebags ,  i used them for a 200 mile trip  ,no problems ,  but i am always  worried   that they will damage the paint . and this looks like a great alternative .:D
From the factory a passenger can not use the thing as a backrest. But after some judicious wire welding you can pull a friggin skier with it.

I inserted some foam padding and yes, the Mrs. reports that all is good back there.

It was a bit pricey, like $250

Oh, and too the other guy, I roll the bike against the gear, it aint gonna fall - but thanks for lookin out!

Been using that same set-up for sometime now! Your going to love it.... Is that the smaller day pack? OH almost forgot to mention... When the wifey and I ride with the rack/gear we have to be ultra carefull. Its the perfect recipe for a wheelie machine. The more weight you put in the bags the more it tends to want to come up
smile.gif

3 ?s for ya .

how much was it ?

i have a set of soft saddlebags ,  i used them for a 200 mile trip  ,no problems ,  but i am always  worried   that they will damage the paint . and this looks like a great alternative .:D
From the factory a passenger can not use the thing as a backrest. But after some judicious wire welding you can pull a friggin skier with it.

I inserted some foam padding and yes, the Mrs. reports that all is good back there.

It was a bit pricey, like $250

Oh, and too the other guy, I roll the bike against the gear, it aint gonna fall - but thanks for lookin out!
Where did you wire weld it? I can't tell from the pics.

What was the strength like before you did this?

I've thought about getting one of these Ventura systems but the company told me the same thing: Do not use as a back rest!

The wife and I still use the Corbin with backrest! Tight fit but it does the trick.... Looks like you could weld in a piece of metal between the horizontal portion of the rack and the vertical ones! This should give some extra strength, not sure the tubing is strong enough to support the weight of gear and someone leaning on it.

Sorry it has taken me so long to post up the mods to this rack system - my digital camera died...

Now I have a new one!

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Here is what we did...
Wire welded up the place where the rack seperated into three peices.
I then tacked a little support on each side to keep it from flexing.
Also welded a cross piece to help with back support.
Cut a piece of foam and inserted it into the little pocket that slides down over the rack.
Had to re-paint the thing afterward but it is pretty friggin solid now.
BTW, the manufacturer does stipulate that they do not intend for it to be used as a back rest, my best guess as to why is because the thing (in its original form) comes apart and is fastened together with little rinky dink lock studs.

Not something I would ride everywhere with but if you are gonna ride two up or take a little ride down the coast this is a pretty good set up once you tighten it up!

<!--EDIT|YH2K
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142795405 -->

Here it is with the pack slid on...

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Back