Vacuum

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
Going to be doing the last mod to the Busa for a while.
Where is the best place to pull the most vacuum?
I just like to get a few suggestions before tearing it apart.
smile.gif

Just trying to get as many options as possible.
Another member PM'd me the below.

Airbox with a inline filter and you can t it off the breather or put a catch can on the breather side and pick up a few hp and pull vacumm from airbox[/QUOTE]

The TB's are all ready set up for it. But I concur get as many opinions as you can
wink.gif

Thanks for the quick reply GB.
Installing cruise on the busa. Like to get the most vacuum as possible.
Read one that had a problem on the bike and another one that was succesful.

Is this all the good sources of vacuum?
If going with the throttlebodies, would you pull from 1 or get all of them?
Just want the cruise to be steady and smooth.

I use all 4 bodies for Vac/boost gauge, BOV, and MAP sensor for the fuel computer.

By using all 4 you will get a less modulated pressure.

Best of luck with the install.

Cheers
Ross
smile.gif

Thanks Ross, figured I was to use all 4, unless someone said not to.
No probs mate.

Just a suggestion (I've no idea what system your using), most cruise controls I've seen in cars have some type of vac reservoir and restrictor to really smooth out the vac signal, this has the effect of smoothing and slowing any throttle changes the unit makes to prevent any sudden jerks and speed hunting. Good for safety!

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140905324 -->

Pipe sorry man. I remember you PM'd me about this,and seeing the thread reminded me I didn't get back to you. At least I dont think I did. sorry man.

Thanks Ross, figured I was to use all 4, unless someone said not to.
No probs mate.

Just a suggestion (I've no idea what system your using), most cruise controls I've seen in cars have some type of vac reservoir and restrictor to really smooth out the vac signal, this has the effect of smoothing and slowing any throttle changes the unit makes to prevent any sudden jerks and speed hunting. Good for safety!
Yeah, I have a bunch of links to installs on different bikes, but will have to read up on them all and decide which would work best for the busa.
Figured I would try first without the vacuum canister and see how well it runs, can always add it later if need be.
No use having it on there taking up space if it isn't needed.

Back