Akra or brock street smart ?

qwknuf6

Registered
I noticed Jinkster recv'd the AKRA full exh, is it better than Brocks?
Which one fits better ?

Mark

<!--EDIT|qwknuf6
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140714739 -->

Akrapovic EVO
muscle.gif

Buy a Povic and you're on your own. BDE has killer support!
How could you possibly say that as a response to this thread
rock.gif

(insert "voice of reason" here) : ...sure...Brock's a great guy...done wonderful work on tuning the hindle system for tye busa but...with thousands upon thousands of fellow board members here (many of them whom have been to the dyno with well tuned maps and akro full systems)...
rock.gif
....trust me...he won't be "On His Own" with an Akro....Johnny Cheese, Ivan, and Quasar (just to name a few) all have great map/tuning support for the Akro's....conversly?...when ya buy a hindle?..alls you do have is Brock...as Cheeseman, Ivan, Quasar and a host of other tuner's and tunee's won't normally mess with a BDE Hindle...why?..cause they got Brocks map...and "only"....Brocks map.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

rock.gif

Bill
Why did you choose the Akro over the others (Brock) exh systems ?

And how does the Akro fit for ya?

Thanks Mark

Not true. I needed replacement parts for mine and Lockhart Phillips, which is their US distributor was very helpful. Don't get me wrong I really like the BDE and don't doubt their support.

They're both Killer pipes. If you want to go all out get the Akra at 1500+. The BDE offers simalar quality and hp at a small fraction of the Akra's price.

My Akra system fit PERFECTLY. Johhny Cheese mapped PCIII is also working incredibley well. I need to update my pics, the fender is GONE and so are the reflectors and stock footpegs, tires, etc. etc.
smile.gif

akra7.jpg

Not true. I needed replacement parts for mine and Lockhart Phillips, which is their US distributor was very helpful. Don't get me wrong I really like the BDE and don't doubt their support.

They're both Killer pipes. If you want to go all out get the Akra at 1500+. The BDE offers simalar quality and hp at a small fraction of the Akra's price.
uhem...I know this is the internet but...hindle doesn't come "at a fraction of the cost" with respect to akropovics "Race" line...as a matter of fact?...the best price I got on a BDE Streetmeg was $1,000...too my door...and that price quote was compliments of Goldenchild...from BDE it was $1,045...and then more if I wanted it "Badged"...conversly?..my akro race (with my choice of Carbon Fiber or Ti Cannister) came to my door for $920....about $100 LESS THAN a BDE/Hindle...and the "Badge" was included in the price.

The Akropovic EVO isn't the only way to go here gents...which btw Ivan sells the EVO for $1,270 (shipping included) but...that's still $350 more than my akro "Race"...and check it out...straight from exoticsportbike.com...

"AKRAPOVIC RACING SYSTEMS
Akrapovic Racing systems are available for the serious competitor. Featuring precision TIG welding, hand built stainless steel tapered headers and crossover tubes for efficient combustion chamber scavenging. Akrapovic mufflers come in two varieties: Carbon wrap and Titanium wrap. The Akrapovic Racing system is ideal for racing machinery. Racing systems can increase horsepower up to 20% as well as reduce the weight of the exhaust system by up to two thirds. Akrapovic Racing systems are no louder than 102 decibels to meet World Superbike noise requirements. If you want the very best in construction, looks and performance - Demand Akrapovic!

AKRAPOVIC EVOLUTION SYSTEMS
<span style='color:red'>Akrapovic Evolution systems are identical to the Akrapovic Racing Full Systems, but are manufactured using titanium head pipes, rather than stainless steel.</span> This typically results an an estimated 8 pound weight reduction. Sound and horsepower is similar to the Racing Systems. Designed on the track, for the track, the Evolution System is the exact same exhaust you will find on World Superbikes in the winner’s circle.

found here...just click...scroll...read and learn...

http://www.exoticsportbike.com/akrapovic.htm

Now....that said?...the EVO evidently is a louder system due to it's larger core diameter of about 2 1/4 inches and the EVO is more geared at enhancing top-end power while the "Race" is more of an "Across The Board" system and a tad quieter due to it's low-mid torque retaining approx. 2" core diameter....and while being very close to the same system?..the only dif being the evo headpipes and mid-pipe are ti where the race is S.S.?.....the evo is primarily designed for top-end rush and sees it best advantage wen applied to extremely enhanced engines (cams, strokers, NOS and such) while road racers will more appeciate the very street usable driveability and across the board power of the akro race...and contrary to exoticsportbike 8lb claims?....I found the race to only be about 2-3lbs heavier than the advertised wieght of the "ALL Ti" Evo....with my akra race tipping the scales right about 11-12lbs....a huge weight savings over stock (which weighs about 30lbs)...and all for $920...with my choice of CF or Ti can....and...badged.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

uhem...I know this is the internet but...hindle doesn't come  "at a fraction of the cost" with respect to akropovics "Race" line...as a matter of fact?...the best price I got on a BDE Streetmeg was $1,000...too my door...and that price quote was compliments of Goldenchild...from BDE it was $1,045...and then more if I wanted it "Badged"...conversly?..my akro race (with my choice of Carbon Fiber or Ti Cannister) came to my door for $920....about $100 LESS THAN a BDE/Hindle...and the "Badge" was included in the price.

The Akropovic EVO isn't the only way to go here gents...which btw Ivan sells the EVO for $1,270 (shipping included) but...that's still $350 more than my akro "Race"...and check it out...straight from exoticsportbike.com...

Akrapovic Racing systems are available for the serious competitor. Featuring precision TIG welding, hand built stainless steel tapered headers and crossover tubes for efficient combustion chamber scavenging. Akrapovic mufflers come in two varieties: Carbon wrap and Titanium wrap. The Akrapovic Racing system is ideal for racing machinery. Racing systems can increase horsepower up to 20% as well as reduce the weight of the exhaust system by up to two thirds. Akrapovic Racing systems are no louder than 102 decibels to meet World Superbike noise requirements. If you want the very best in construction, looks and performance - Demand Akrapovic!

<span style='color:red'>Akrapovic Evolution systems are identical to the Akrapovic Racing Full Systems, but are manufactured using titanium head pipes, rather than stainless steel.</span>  This typically results an an estimated 8 pound weight reduction.  Sound and horsepower is similar to the Racing Systems.  Designed on the track, for the track, the Evolution System is the exact same exhaust you will find on World Superbikes in the winner’s circle.

Now....that said?...the EVO evidently is a louder system due to it's larger core diameter of about 2 1/4 inches and the EVO is more geared at enhancing top-end power while the "Race" is more of an "Across The Board" system and a tad quieter due to it's low-mid torque retaining approx. 2" core diameter....and while being very close to the same system?..the only dif being the evo headpipes and mid-pipe are ti where the race is S.S.?.....the evo is primarily designed for top-end rush and sees it best advantage wen applied to extremely enhanced engines (cams, strokers, NOS and such) while road racers will more appeciate the very street usable driveability and across the board power of the akro race...and contrary to exoticsportbike 8lb claims?....I found the race to only be about 2-3lbs heavier than the advertised wieght of the "ALL Ti" Evo....with my akra race tipping the scales right about 11-12lbs....a huge weight savings over stock (which weighs about 30lbs)...and all for $920...with my choice of CF or Ti can....and...badged.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Not sure how you dont see it as a fraction of the cost of a Akra. I bought my EVO for 1,300 with a free pc3. That was 3 years ago. Recently surfing the web I couldn't find it less than 1,449 and they were out of stock. Also, wasn't WarBaby selling BDE's for 890.00 tyd?

The reason I compared the EVO to the BDE becuase the EVO is Akrapovics top of the line as is the BDE for Hindle.

we sale the evo for $1300 and the race for $900. ti force makes a nice sumo ti pipe with conical end caps for $1100

<!--EDIT|StreetnTrack
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140749404 -->

uhem...I know this is the internet but...hindle doesn't come  "at a fraction of the cost" with respect to akropovics "Race" line...as a matter of fact?...the best price I got on a BDE Streetmeg was $1,000...too my door...and that price quote was compliments of Goldenchild...from BDE it was $1,045...and then more if I wanted it "Badged"...conversly?..my akro race (with my choice of Carbon Fiber or Ti Cannister) came to my door for $920....about $100 LESS THAN a BDE/Hindle...and the "Badge" was included in the price.

<span style='color:red'>Akrapovic Evolution systems are identical to the Akrapovic Racing Full Systems, but are manufactured using titanium head pipes, rather than stainless steel.</span>  This typically results an an estimated 8 pound weight reduction.  Sound and horsepower is similar to the Racing Systems.  Designed on the track, for the track, the Evolution System is the exact same exhaust you will find on World Superbikes in the winner’s circle.

biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Not sure how you dont see it as a fraction of the cost of a Akra. I bought my EVO for 1,300 with a free pc3. That was 3 years ago. Recently surfing the web I couldn't find it less than 1,449 and they were out of stock. Also, wasn't WarBaby selling BDE's for 890.00 tyd?

The reason I compared the EVO to the BDE becuase the EVO is Akrapovics top of the line as is the BDE for Hindle.
why would you compare BDE/Hindle to the Evo?...the EVO is "All Ti" where the BDE/Hindle is more likened to the akro race as it's headpipes and mid-pipes are made of SS and not "All Ti" like the akro evo is.

BDE/Hindle too Akra "Race" is more of an apples too apples...the EVO is in an exotice class of it's own...and hindle could only dream...he11....the hindle doesn't even bother to apply scavenging cross overs...and it makes great power for one reason and one reason only...that reason being all the time, developement and research brock himself has dedicated towards tuning an extremely refined map to accompany it...toss brocks map on an akra and see what happens....interesting thought eh?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

<span style='color:red'>Akrapovic Evolution systems are identical to the Akrapovic Racing Full Systems, but are manufactured using titanium head pipes, rather than stainless steel.</span>  This typically results an an estimated 8 pound weight reduction.  Sound and horsepower is similar to the Racing Systems.  Designed on the track, for the track, the Evolution System is the exact same exhaust you will find on World Superbikes in the winner’s circle. [/b]

Hey Bill a bit drawn out in your post eh? My original intent and reason to post was to claim that I had an issue with my EVO and it was handled well. Not really sure what your's was. Just roll it back a few steps.

Now Im not sure what hokey site you got your quote from but the EVO and Race are NOT exactly the same pipe. Not even by the furthest stretch of the imagination. Unless you are talking about the "Akrapovic" logo they are different. The fact that you would even compare the two presents a little buyers' remourse. A little, "damn I shoulda held out for the nice one".

I have looked at both pipes closely and they are different. End of story. Now here is Akrapovic's site. Ya the official one. You look, read, and learn.

Official Akrapovic site.

I was unaware of the BDE being SS/TI. Now I wouldn't ever consider one. I just compared the best Akra pipe and the best Hindle for the Busa. No biggie.

Funny how defensive you get sometimes. I found your tone slighty disrespectful. Now don't worry daddy will let this one slide. I like you and your posts. They are informative and well written. Just learn to relax a bit. I was completly neutral and just sharing my knowledge and expriences.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140750883 -->

This is a prime example of difference of opinions so agree to disagree and go on. Also the Arka EVO is the bomb fella's hands down. Of course I have a Yosh Tri-Oval but who cares as long as you are happy with your purchase.

<span style='color:red'>Akrapovic Evolution systems are identical to the Akrapovic Racing Full Systems, but are manufactured using titanium head pipes, rather than stainless steel.</span>  This typically results an an estimated 8 pound weight reduction.  Sound and horsepower is similar to the Racing Systems.  Designed on the track, for the track, the Evolution System is the exact same exhaust you will find on World Superbikes in the winner’s circle. [/b]

Hey Bill a bit drawn out in your post eh? My original intent and reason to post was to claim that I had an issue with my EVO and it was handled well. Not really sure what your's was. Just roll it back a few steps.

Now Im not sure what hokey site you got your quote from but the EVO and Race are NOT exactly the same pipe. Not even by the furthest stretch of the imagination. Unless you are talking about the "Akrapovic" logo they are different. The fact that you would even compare the two presents a little buyers' remourse. A little, "damn I shoulda held out for the nice one".

I have looked at both pipes closely and they are different. End of story. Now here is Akrapovic's site. Ya the official one. You look, read, and learn.

Official Akrapovic site.

I was unaware of the BDE being SS/TI. Now I wouldn't ever consider one. I just compared the best Akra pipe and the best Hindle for the Busa. No biggie.

Funny how defensive you get sometimes. I found your tone slighty disrespectful. Now don't worry daddy will let this one slide. I like you and your posts. They are informative and well written. Just learn to relax a bit. I was completly neutral and just sharing my knowledge and expriences.
not at all....no "buyers remorse" here...had my choice of either...and would choose the same if I had to do it again tomorrow...

reason why: full systems are tuned to boost hp in certain rev ranges...what I call "Heavy Breathers" (such as the EVO, HMF Big Bird and TiForce Sumo) are purpose designed to make the most hp up towards the top end...hp is the result of a mathmatical equation based on "Torque"...full exhaust systems simply take that same given torque value and move it elsewheres in the rev ranges...and the heavy breathers usually do it by stealing a bit of low-end grunt/torque and transfering/translating it into top-end HP...extreme systems can actually render a stocker to feeling a tad fluffy down low....but the trade off is well worth it to those who spend 99% of their efforts at WOT....but as a casual streetrider/roadracer?...I don't want all my power relocated up top........and I dang sure don't wanna "Feel The Hit" of a heavy breather as it comes online while I'm trying to be as smooth as possible carrying speed through a hard leaning curve...but I do want plenty of smooth mid-range torque when I'm punching out of those corner exits...therefore?...I personally feel that a mild...and not wild...full system sorta suits me and my riding preferences best...and either or any is heads and tails above the stock steel.

My most profuse apologies for my ignorance and...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back