Significant tire wear after 800 miles?

umairhashmi

Registered
As some of you know i have a new 06 busa.800 miles and im already seeing significant wear in the back tire.I love accelerating hard when the red light turns to green and leaving everything behind.Of course i slow down soon as i reach 50mph or so.When im done with these should i get the michelin pilot tires? Would they last longer than the stock ones?

well with aggressive driving just get use to it you will continue to see fast wear with that riding style with any tire
sad.gif

The Busa has so much torque that what your doing from light to light just EATS tires.

So when this one runs out should i get the stock bridgestone again or the pilotpower?
Pilot Power is a better handling tire than the BT56, but for mileage all the sport tires are going to wear out quick on the rear of the BUSA....riding style is the major factor.
So you are saying that "touring" tires last a bit longer? Any recommendations.I have noticed most of the tires have a price difference of around 50 bucks max.I might as well get a good one.

If you have significant wear on your stock BT56 then get used to tires not lasting long , you might consider tring a touring tire but at the expense of some stickiness...something I personally never experimented with because I got 3000+ miles out of the tires i used with the Busa including the stock BT56.

So when this one runs out should i get the stock bridgestone again or the pilotpower?
Pilot Power is a better handling tire than the BT56, but for mileage all the sport tires are going to wear out quick on the rear of the BUSA....riding style is the major factor.
So you are saying that "touring" tires last a bit longer? Any recommendations.I have noticed most of the tires have a price difference of around 50 bucks max.I might as well get a good one.
Sport touring tires will last longer, but they don't stick as well. If you do mostly highway driving they might be a better choice for you.

Do some infor on Avon AV45, continental road-attacks, pilot road, Metz. z6, BT020, D220, shinko 009, etc. I run a sport tire up front and a sport touring in the rear and I could not be happier. If you choose the right rear tire, then you will be able to wear the front out along with the rear at the same time. I have always had good grip from the sport touring tires and I have rode them hard as long as they are warmed up with no problems.

Pilot Powers Package Deal

Try this site out great package deal to your door...I just bought mine last summer...Great service too

Dan
Looks like a good deal for both tires.How much do you think the local shop would/should charge me for installing just the rear?
I had a local Suzuki shop put mine on for $17 per tire, but I took them off myself and brought them in...I'm kinda funny about other people touchin' my bike..

Pilot Powers Package Deal

Try this site out great package deal to your door...I just bought mine last summer...Great service too

Dan
Looks like a good deal for both tires.How much do you think the local shop would/should charge me for installing just the rear?
II'm kinda funny about other people touchin' my bike..
Lol same here.Just like your wife/gf.Other guys can look but cant touch ;)

Unless you have a habit of torching your rear tire..you should get at least 2000-3000 miles out of the stock B56 before you get to the wear bars.

Understand that this machine EATS rear tires. Doesn't matter what you have mounted on the back..it'll eat 'em.

Also understand that if you go to more of a touring tire, you do so at the expense of traction. Straight line, corners ....everything.

I don't know about you, but it is MUCH more important to me to know that the rubber underneath me HOOKS. This puppy has way too much poop to ride on semi-sticky tires. I saw wear @ 1000 miles myself...all over the tread. (I like to turn)

If you do most of your riding in a straight line....you will fry the centers right out of your tires with agressive throttle.

But unless you DON'T carve much...stay with sticky tires and just buck up.

My .02

Sounds to me like you are not a real canyon carver? If you are spending most of your time around town with your scooter upright, you may be happier a harder compound than the pilot power offers. None of the track oriented tires are going to give you the mileage I think you are looking for? You may want to take a look at the Bridgestone BT020 or the Pirelli Corsa or the likes. There are many to choose from. If you still have chicken strips on your tires I'm thinking the powers or BTO14's etc. may be a waste of money. Do a little research online. Go to the Bridgestone, Michelin (Made in France and I don't buy them for persona reasons but no doubt, good tires) Pirelli and Dunlop sites and just read up on what's available and what your needs and expectations are. You'll get much more education there than you'll get here and it will be more accurate. Just remember, the softer the tire the better traction but shorter the life, hard tire, less traction but longer life.

good thing about FL is that even the hardest of tires are sticky for us...
The heat of the road takes care of any "compromise" you think you are making.

Try the Avons ST set...or Metzler Sportec...Metzler RoadtecZ6 ....etc.

Back