Corbin beetle bags...

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Did a little reading on the Corbin Beetle Bags. Although they look real nice and would function very well...they seem expensive to me.

Looking at this picture they seem really small to me. A nice backpack would work just as well.

hogger...

busa6.jpg

yeah..watching a set right now but.. by the time you find a decent painter and buy the material you could just spend a little more and get new.

hogger...

true, I've seen a set go here for around 500 and on ebay for as low as 400 ... all in how patient you can be for them. the venturie system seems to be *real* popular around here too
cool.gif

I think they hold plenty. You can't get your helmet and jacket w/ armor in em, but easily clothes for a week, if ya aint a pimp

Bike_Trip_004.jpg

Very pricey...Why not a good tank bag and throw over saddle bags

I used them as a shell and laid fiberglass over them to better match the lines of the bike.  Oh, and they odn't really hold too much but they are really practical to have.  Heres some pics...

RRQTR.jpg

BackView.jpg

SideView.jpg

AWESOME job on the glass and paint, but the fender...........ummmmmmm...........(trying to properly sugar coat this one...... fugly?

No disrespect meant, but guys seem to be brutally honest in here.
blush.gif

Motoleanbusa - WOW

I am in the market for a blacked out Busa and ride two up 90% of the time. I have some questions for you - BTW really cool looking bike!

Can you still put a passenger on your modified beetlebag set up?

How stretched is the bike?

Any backrest capability for it?

Thanks for answers....................sorry if I'm hyjacking the thread a bit but I havnt seen anything like that anywhere.

With the stock bettle bags the mounting systme retains the passanger pegs. Mine are still on my bike, the bags just cover them. I can not ride a passanger on my particular bike.

This bike has a 12 inch extension.

In terms of backrest capabilities....I think that a lot of it would come down to getting the right seat. I don't ever ride passangers so my knowledge on the subject is kinda limited.

Hope this info helps.

Just curious. How long does it take to remove hardware and bags and go back to stock? I really want a set but would only need them for trips.

Guys,

Check out Tour Master nylon bags. I love em. They go on and off the bike in 30 seconds, they hold enough for a couple of weeks on the road (especially with the tail bag), they are stable at 140 mph and they are inexpensive.

IMHO the Corbins cost to much and would be too much trouble to put on and take off for trips.

Kent

Guys,

Check out Tour Master nylon bags.  I love em.  They go on and off the bike in 30 seconds, they hold enough for a couple of weeks on the road (especially with the tail bag), they are stable at 140 mph and they are inexpensive.

IMHO the Corbins cost to much and would be too much trouble to put on and take off for trips.

Kent
Plus the Tour Masters are easy to unload and take into your Hotel room (for us who use Hotels)
cool.gif
! Ahhhhh, bags over the shoulder and you in Leathers, just reminds me of the Cowboy Days  
tounge.gif
. And the Women  
drooling3.gif
Drool  
laugh.gif

I decided on wheels instead of Beetles-

Chicks dig wheels even more?

Todd_and_Toms_Bikes_016.jpg

Actually those bags look plenty big enough.

<!--EDIT|davsbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140750476 -->

Back