Your favorite 'busa complaint

Icy1

Registered
What's your favorite complaint about owning/riding the 'Busa

1. Having to worry about pulling a slow-motion wheelie when passing on the interstate if I twist the throttle too hard.
wink.gif

2. Avoiding drivers that want to get a good look.

I will tell ya what my BIGGEST complaint about this beek is. You are not safe ANYWHERE from the moron who is gonna come ask you the same stupid question everytime. It could be at a gas station, a restaraunt, even in traffic. And that question makes me shudder with violent thoughts everytime......and here it is. "Wow thats a nice bike dude IS IT FAST? " I swear I don't know how many more times I can politely humor someone that hits me with that. I mean dude.....this is a Hayabusa. A 1300cc heavy hitter of raw power and torque. NO! It's not fast actually I am glad you asked that question. I actually just ran a Vespa on the way here and it was such a knock down drag out fight. Grrrrrrr.

The moron in the Big Daddy Don Garlets in his station wagon,mustang ,vett,porche ,and every other thang they think they can out run me with..

the guy i work with says it is to hard to ride . butt that`s just what real fat guys say. then they buy handa shadows:laugh:

I hate constantly being asked....How fast have you had it..

The stupid looks on their faces when I tell them ...Nearly got it to 70...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

The wannabees and squids that walk up to me and claim the big busa doesn't handle well enough for their oh so honed riding skillz.
blush.gif
mad.gif
wow.gif

The wannabees and squids that walk up to me and claim the big busa doesn't handle well enough for their oh so honed riding skillz.
blush.gif
mad.gif
wow.gif
Yes there is a guy that rides with me ranger512 he is on here every once in a while. We went to the gap had a knee dragger who was riding a 1000 gsxr he was teaching some other guys on 600s 1000s how to ride the gap we was at lookout listening in on it and he was telling them about trail breaking and so on and so forth he told them to follow him he was all decked out racing leathers and all .. so we left a little behind them this guy is slinging is leg off thought i was looking at Duhamel He was getting it pretty good and ranger was first down the hill .. One of the guys came up to us and saiid im sure glad you did that he thinks riding a busa you cant corner hes over there right now not nowing what just happened everyones giving him crap for a busa to pass a 1000 you had to be there..
( And before anyone says anything this can only be done by professionals do not attempt extreme danger can cause death ) Thats my parental warning..We was wearing leathers and dont always ride like this maybe

Besides the "how fast have you gone on it?" question, I get "How do you like the busa?" (Dude - I bought it, I must like it) I usually just say. "Oh, it's... ok. I guess..."

I get some funny looks after that one.....
biggrin.gif

i love the one's that ask" how big is it" lol. i usually just say 13 inches. like it dosn't say 1300 right in front of their face.

I live close to an Army base and for some reason every GI has to come up to me and say: That's a Busa isn't it. I am getting one of those mothers this summer. I have gotten to the point where I just reply: Ok, I will look for you in the paper when they report your deadly accident.

or this one....

"Is It Fast?"

correct answer?:....

"No...and I bought it cause I was getting to many speeding tickets in my pick-up truck."

Heeeerrre's your sign!
laugh.gif

"is it fast?" or, "how fast have you had it?"

depends on who is asking normally and what mood I'm in..

squid/people that obviously know nothing about bikes.. .."I dunno.. somewhere around 100 or somethign I guess."

and for some reason when old people ask about I'm always just honest.. I guess they just don't come across as bobos so I don't wanna be one back.

"Supposedly it has a speed limiter at 180-something. I don't know.. Never tried personally."

The thing I hate the absoloute worst is the
"My buddy/cousin/sisters boyfriend has one of those crotch rockets (calling a sport bike a crotch rocket automatically classifies you as a squid in my book) I saw him one day and he was going 235 mph!"

"Oh yeah, what kinda bike, thats pretty fast.... "

Invariably it's a 600 katana or ex500 or something along those lines.

I put a stop to all of the dumb questions about how fast is it or thats one of those fast Hayabusa's? I stripped all the graphics off and now on rare occasions someone will just say nice bike and leave it at that. I prefer it that way. When someone does asks what kind of bike it is, I just reply...A Suzuki. If they want to know if its fast I just say yeah its fast enough for me.

I hate that the damn thing is so slow. It can not even break the 300mph barrier.
wow.gif

....what i like and don't like is the temptation to speed is too much for me. I have a favorite route I follow for my "short" ride that I usually do alone. Early in my ride, I always tell myself that I'm going to take it easy and not do what I did last time...then, I hit this certain stretch of road and next thing I know, I bumpin' the rev limiter in 3rd @ damn near 150 (you'd think I'd remember there's a 4th gear after owning this beast for 4 months!). The temptation to open this sucker up is just too great (it's a hayabusa I guess...why fight it) I hope I don't kill myself on this bike someday!
wink.gif

My biggest complaint (i'm 36 btw) is every punk on the street think they have to challenge you. They pull up beside you and pin the throttle on the rev limiter. My second biggest complaint is ppl who come up to you and start talking about our perfections of engineering as if they built the damn thing and they will argue all day long that there is a 600cc Hayabusa.

Don

Back