Question

busa_boy_69

Registered
Can you get one done without adding that little lip on the back of the seat? I'd like to have the Kanji symbol done and make the seat look a little more quality but I am a tall guy and need to slide my arse all the way back on the seat to where it touches the front of the hump in order to tuck right. I am just afraid the little lip would make that difficult.

Don't forget that as you lean forward, your butt moves upward, so the lip may not be in the way. I am not tall and don't ride in a tuck, but my arse is of the large pursuasion and I have no problem with the lip.

Tobin can make the lip different sizes - I have his "Big Guy" cut on mine.

Ed

He used to sell a seat cover that looks just like the ones with a lip, but without the lip. I would imagin that he still does just hid him up.

Well I am guessing that Tobin does not seem to care about taking on new business because I am done. I love the look of his seats and have tried 3 times to contact him now. 2 times via telephone and one time via e-mail and I left messages with both phone calls. I heard nothing back from him. Quality product or not his service sucks. I know a lot of people on here will state otherwise but he has lost all interest from me and I will be telling my buddies the same thing.

tobin is only 1 person... i'm sure he's busy since its winter and all everyone is "modding" their bike since they cant ride and i'm sure his workload has increased... others have said he is hard to get ahold of but good things come to those who wait... if you want it done that bad i would wait it out... just my .02's
wink.gif

tobin is only 1 person... i'm sure he's busy since its winter and all everyone is "modding" their bike since they cant ride and i'm sure his workload has increased... others have said he is hard to get ahold of but good things come to those who wait... if you want it done that bad i would wait it out... just my .02's
wink.gif
Dude I tried to call him the first time last summer. Not mod season. Left a full message with call back details. Nothing. I tried once more just after x-mas. Nothing. Then I thought maybe he was just too busy for calls so I e-mailed a couple weeks ago. NOTHING. Scott at bluegauges is one guy and he deals with ALL of us sending gauges in and other people and I had to e-mail him 4 or 5 times back and forth while he was doing my gauges and I heard back within an hour or two. Like I said man I am sure lots will disagree because they never had this issue but to me if you are gonna run a business you wanna do everything you can to get customers. But like I said he's prolly making enough money so he don't seem to care. I sure am not fooling with it anymore. Being ignored once with him being busy I could see but three times with the same result?
rock.gif
Boooooo.......very booooo.

Busa boy,take your seat put it in a box,send a note saying exactly what you want done to it.send it to him if he has questions he will call your # that you put on the note,if you don't like what you get back i will buy it from you..How's that for service...he has a regular job and does this on the side.

Busa boy,take your seat put it in a box,send a note saying exactly what you want done to it.send it to him if he has questions he will call your # that you put on the note,if you don't like what you get back i will buy it from you..How's that for service...he has a regular job and does this on the side.
Agreed with GoldenChild, He has a full time job and family and the seats are more a hobby/pastime. I agree he IS HARD TO GET A HOLD OF, but his work is top quality and worth the effort.

Though it may be bad for business, we need him more than he needs us. As said, this is his hobby, not his job.

Busa boy i do not blame you at all! It is not too much to ask just to get a phone call or email back just to touch base with someone before you ship your property off to them to do work on it. I agree his work is nice looking and obviously he has a good product available. But a quick hello is not too much to ask. It seems to me it is more than a hobby if you have a website geared to attracting business. I bet if he wanted to, he could go full time if he decided to reply to an email or answer a phone when it rang.
rock.gif
Just my 2 cents.

I also tried to get a hold of him awhile, never a word back. Oh well

Busa boy i do not blame you at all! It is not too much to ask just to get a phone call or email back just to touch base with someone before you ship your property off to them to do work on it. I agree his work is nice looking and obviously he has a good product available. But a quick hello is not too much to ask. It seems to me it is more than a hobby if you have a website geared to attracting business. I bet if he wanted to, he could go full time if he decided to reply to an email or answer a phone when it rang.
rock.gif
 Just my 2 cents.

I also tried to get a hold of him awhile, never a word back. Oh well
I agree man. If your gonna advertise it don't tease people and ignore them like that. I mean I would like to get it done but I totally dislike being ignored. I will just take the money and do the HID mod to my bike and wish everyone else good luck with it I guess.

wink.gif
Dude I tried to call him the first time last summer. Not mod season. Left a full message with call back details. Nothing. I tried once more just after x-mas. Nothing. Then I thought maybe he was just too busy for calls so I e-mailed a couple weeks ago. NOTHING. Scott at bluegauges is one guy and he deals with ALL of us sending gauges in and other people and I had to e-mail him 4 or 5 times back and forth while he was doing my gauges and I heard back within an hour or two. Like I said man I am sure lots will disagree because they never had this issue but to me if you are gonna run a business you wanna do everything you can to get customers. But like I said he's prolly making enough money so he don't seem to care. I sure am not fooling with it anymore. Being ignored once with him being busy I could see but three times with the same result?
rock.gif
I E-Mailed him twice without any responce and then called twice with the same results
down.gif
. BUT, then I noticed on his web page it said to call between 6PM and 10 PM Eastern Time Mon thru Fri.
wow.gif
.  So I did, and got him on my first try. The Guy couldn't have been nicer and helpful. I am filling out my form now to send him my seat next week. Why so long, well I wanted to keep my original and just bought a new one off EBAY to send him.  
smile.gif

wink.gif
rock.gif
I E-Mailed him twice without any responce and then called twice with the same results
down.gif
. BUT, then I noticed on his web page it said to call between 6PM and 10 PM Eastern Time Mon thru Fri.
wow.gif
.  So I did, and got him on my first try. The Guy couldn't have been nicer and helpful. I am filling out my form now to send him my seat next week. Why so long, well I wanted to keep my original and just bought a new one off EBAY to send him.  
smile.gif
Thats good man. Glad to see someone has luck with it. I would give it another shot but seriously after 3 times I am just put off with it.

I called him last night at 9:30PM his time and talked to him on the first try. Super cool guy to deal with. Just make sure you fill that form out to the very last detail.

Has anyone else had this issue? I am looking to upgrade my seat this summer as I am planning on a long trip on my bike and the seat is about the biggest issue outside the peg height...but i can get over that with moving my feet around and stretching. But anyho I want to upgrade my seat...but dont want to wait a long time and or not get contacted back. Are Tobins good for long rides?

Tobin called me today to clear some confusion on my part. Try calling during the time he has listed.

I am planning on a long trip on my bike and the seat is about the biggest issue outside the peg height...but i can get over that with moving my feet around and stretching. But anyho I want to upgrade my seat...but dont want to wait a long time and or not get contacted back. Are Tobins good for long rides?
'Suppose I'd answer that one. Not sure how many people 'round here use the seat for sporttouring. I have tried all three (stock,gel,tobin) & 50K on Corbins with 2 previous bikes. Was a little hesitant at first, seat seems like it's for looks, custom guys and drag racers, etc.

But I've put about 20,000 miles of traveling on the seat in last 2 years leading tours with my Tour Company, then commuting (hour each way) on top of that to work. For me, seat is good for about 350 miles per day, then my ass is just plain done, but I've done up to 650 miles/day on the seat. You won't be disappointed.

Hwy89-4-800-Sunrise.jpg

took me 3 trys to get thru to tobin but once I did he spent all the time I wanted on the phone. I sent the seat to him last week and I got a email today that it was done and shipped. he is fast once he get your seat.
He did tell me he gets 60 to 70 calls a day and just can't return them all. He holds a regular day job and does his best to keep up.

Buy a CORBIN . . .  No lip at atleast as comfortable.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1342"|1140879601 -->

Back