Hyabusa specific M-1

Tio Loco

Donating Member
Registered
I would like to know the difference between the standard Sportec M1 and the Hayabusa Specific Sportec M-1 "P".

<!--EDIT|Tio Loco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137462886 -->

Sportec_M1_sizes.JPG

it has to do with the speed rating for the heavier bikes.

don't let anyone tell you it's MORE money...cause it's not.

Actually many people do not even bother with the "P spec" version. I am running the "P" model now...because a shop ran a sale on the Sportec and I asked...they said no problem...it's the same price.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137443062 -->

I would guess that it has to do with the amount of torque (and weight) that the Busa puts out.

IMO, if someone makes a tire that is designed to handle add'l stress and it is specifecally FOR the Busa, (like the B56) That's what I'd run.

Speaking of which...does the Pilot Power come with Busa-spec strength?

I've been told it has more to do with high speed riding. Who knows, I run 180/55, hayabusa specific doesn't matter...

if my memory serves me right, michelin does make busa specific tires and it's not pilot powers.

<!--EDIT|busafish
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137448708 -->

Bridgestone, Metzler, and someone else makes a "haybusa specific tire".

I think there is an extra ply in the tire or something. You don't need it though unless you're planning to do high speed runs in the desert....

So what, the other tires that aren't Busa specific don't have the same integrity as those that do?

This is an area that would be nice to have some clarification.....It could be a deciding factor (at least for me) on which tire I choose.

At 180 mph, you don't want to be thinking about anything other than the road....a tire coming apart at speed is not cool.

I guess my question is, if the other tires are "fine", then why did anyone make a Busa specific tire in the first place?

I'm not sure about the additional belt, but the shop told me the "p" tire measures nearly 198 as opposed to the regular M1 at 190 (width). The Bridgestone OEM is the same, 198....my guess is the extra width may provide additional stability at warp speeds? I don't know and I'm tired of guessing so tomorrow I will call Metzler and find out. I'm on my 4th set of M1's and have never gone with the "p" because I'm a twisties rider and don't want the extra width. Oh, ya....my local shop sells the regular M1 at $136 and the "p" at $167 so I'm going to hit them up on the price diff, them folkers!! I have never had a problem with high speed stability and run alot in the 150+ range, just not prolonged periods up there. Will do some research and post the results in the am....

Back