Just Ordered Up A Pair Of New Boots

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Well folks?...just last biketoberfest I purchased a new Scorpion EXO 700 "Fury" helmet and I love it...then by decembers end?....I had lost a substancial amount of weight and needed a better/tighter fitting jacket and purchased a Cortech HRX jacket with a holiday coupon from my local stealership and I liked the many features of the new jacket so much?...I called up newenough and ordered the matching Cortech HRX pants....and while I was at it?...my 6 year old, with well over 50,000 motorcycle miles and numerous rainstorms Olmpia gloves were finally starting to look a little thin in the skin but served me so well for so long I stuck with Olympia and ordered up a new pair of Olympia kevlar gloves...since they were on sale and I already had newenough on the horn..of course....and that was just last week!
laugh.gif

Well...with all this recently purchased new gear I thought it a dang aweful shame that I was still stuck with my 6 year old, 50,000+ miles on'em Alpinestar GPS boots....which like my gloves are made of leather and have seen just as many miles and rainstorms as my old olympia gloves...and...the velcro closure was just getting ratty as heck....and the actual alpinestar "STAR" on the shinguard?...well....lets just say "it used to be" white..so..this week...just moments ago?...I just called up newenough again and ordered up a new pair of "Sidi Strada Evo Tepors"......now...I was he11 bent on getting the Sidi Vertigo's for max protection but...dude on the other end (and many close riding friends) tell me that they "WALK" like a freaking snow-ski boot...and the only thing I'd ever wanna do in'em is ride cause..the vertigo's ain't boots that were made for walking...and since I also found out that you "DON'T" get the same "Exo-Skeletal Articulated Ankle" protection?...(as found on the $400 Sidi Vertigo "Corsa's" )...he talked me into the $220 Sidi Strada Evo Tepors...now living in southeast florida?.. the Strada Evo Airs had great appeal to me but...I went with the "Tepor" (read: "Waterproof Yet breathable") version because...well?...I like dry feet...and we do get a lot of summer rainstorms down my way...and...I did make one trip to the mountains for 11 days in the TWO/Dragon area and...it rained one day...but my freaking feet where wet for three!!!..the rainy ride day annnnnd.....the next two beautiful sunny days that it took for the non-waterproof leather sportboots to dry out...and "That"...in a word....suxed...and it was sometime during those three days I decided that whatever my new riding boots would or wouldn't be?...if it was nuth'in else?...They'd be [/b]"WATERPROOF"...as the Sidi Strada Evo Tepors are...wish me luck on the euro fit and L8R, Bill.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137194547 -->

You'll love those sidi's. I gave up a pair of Alpinestars for Sidi's and I have never regretted it. However, living in the rain forest of the Northwest where it has rained for the past month without missing a day, I have found your feet get wet from water running down your leathers and into the top of the boot rather than the boot leaking. Either way you get wet feet when it rains. Either that or wear leathers that go over the boot. I rode my little Husabert 650 motard bike on Wednesday and by the time I got to town, my feet were wet. It's just not much fun for me in the rain.

Congratulations on the weight loss. Now it becomes a lifestyle! Keep up the good work.

Definitely congrats on losing the weight! Must be kinda nice to HAVE to buy some new gear! Have a pair of SIDI race bots and they are almost too comfortable. Enjoy it!

A yes......sidi,s i do luv them sidi,s......mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMM
biggrin.gif

You'll love the Sidi's Bill. I have the Evo Airs and i've been in them for 8 hours or more and no complaints here. I'd say you've made a wise purchase.

Got the Vertigo's last summer, and I love em. Comfortable as can be, great protection & I can still walk normal in them. Heck, I dont care what boot a person get from Sidi, your gonna get a top notch quality boot. I wouldn't consider another brand at this point.

Nice to hear good things about'em...very reassuring...thanks folks...the only thing that bugs me a bit is that I originally called up to order the vertigo's (for max protection) and I let the guy scare me off of'em with "the ski-boot remark" and talked me back down into the strada evo's...I do wanna be able to walk in them though without looking like Im taking "one small step for man".
laugh.gif

Thanks again and..L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Jinkster - Ive spent hours in my boots, and they are so comfy.... I have no ski-boot issue's, maybe in the Corsa, but not in the Vertigo. I've never tried the boots you got, but hey, their Sidi's - so they have to be awesome.
smile.gif

Jinkster - Ive spent hours in my boots, and they are so comfy.... I have no ski-boot issue's, maybe in the Corsa, but not in the Vertigo. I've never tried the boots you got, but hey, their Sidi's - so they have to be awesome.
smile.gif
Cool...I dunno man...my original thinking was...I'm spending big bucks for "Added Protection" and "for riding"...not walking....I might just hafta either return these as soon as they get here in exchange for the vertigo's or?...just keep the stradas as my "casual sport/tour/commute" boots and then just buy the vertigos as well for those wildazz sunday group rides and those aggressive riding bashs we have up in the mountains...and take the strada's along for rainy day backups...as it seems...there just isn't ONE pair of boots that's suitable for all occassions.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Momma bought me a pair of Vertigos for XMas - so I have only had them since then. As far as walking around in snow boots, they look sort of weird because of the sliders and the heel cups, but anyone who rides will know the function - and anyone who doesn't ride, well, who the he11 cares what they think?
rock.gif
I spent a bunch of time walking around the house to break them in a little, the only complaint that I have is that they are a little tight to put on, zipping up over the ankle. But once they are on.....love 'em!

BTW - echo on BIGBS' comment on the weight! Way to start of the new year....
thumbs-up.gif

I was considering the purchase of a pair of Sidi's until I found these. I am very glad i waited. Some features I find unique is the ability to control the fit with the ratcheting straps. The back tab ratchets them closed and the front tab releases the whole strap. These boots are super comfy. Another plus is they are real leather, not a synthetic material. They are waterproof and contain a phase change material called Outlast. This material is unique in that it can pull away heat from your body, store it and release it back when it reaches certain temperatures. Making it cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Neat stuff. Lastly...they are hand made and have ankle protectors and not a lot more expensive than Sidi. If you are considering new boots, you owe it to yourself to have a look at these. Made by Vendramini of Italy.

Vendra1.JPG

I was considering the purchase of a pair of Sidi's until I found these. I am very glad i waited.  Some features I find unique is the ability to control the fit with the ratcheting straps. The back tab ratchets them closed and the front tab releases the whole strap. These boots are super comfy. Another plus is they are real leather, not a synthetic material. They are waterproof and contain a phase change material called Outlast. This material is unique in that it can pull away heat from your body, store it and release it back when it reaches certain temperatures.  Making it cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Neat stuff. Lastly...they are hand made and have ankle protectors and not a lot more expensive than Sidi. If you are considering new boots, you owe it to yourself to have a look at these.  Made by  Vendramini of Italy.
Dude...I don't know where to begin...and my first inclination was to just keep my big fat keyboard pecking mouth shut and not stir any pooh but...me 2nd thought was...maybe my opinion here might be of some service
not intended to humilate but to educate not only yourself but others who may read this as well...so...brace yourself..cause here goes...

First off...as compared to the "Lorica" material that sidi uses?..."Real Leather" is NOT "a plus" (as you put it)...as follows...

a. Lorica is a man made micro-fiber which still retains all the desirable characteristics of "real leather" such as breathability and repeated flex area break-in comfort however...

b. Lorica will not absord water, dry rot or crack like "real leather"..also...

c. Due to it's microfiber construction Lorica is far more consistant in strength than is "real leather" and....

d. Lorica is far more scratch and abrasion resistant than is "real leather" and for bonus points?...

e. Lorica is lighter in weight than is "real leather".

2ndly?....and I really hate to point this out to you but....unless I'm missing something?...your "real leather" boots appear to be completely devoid of any sort of external/exo-skeletal protection such as heel cups?...shin plates?...nothing?

again...this is not to slam you but to inform and protect you in the future as imho?...those boots may be suitable for power cruising about town but appear to offer very little protection...imo?..definantly not suitable for agressive of even brisk riding of a busa.

3rdly...please tell me you're joking about the...

"and not a lot more expensive than Sidi"

part.

L8R, and...here's wishing you better shopping in the future...

Bill
cool.gif

Ok, here's a few pictures of my Sidi's after 1 season of almost 10,000 miles - tons of rain days (feet never got wet), feet always stayed warm on cold days and cool durring hot days. Boot dampens alot the of vibration you would normally get through the foorpegs. Soles have worn very well, and I drag my feet alot when I walk. All parts are replacable, and for me the comfort level is better than any boot or shoe Ive purchased for non-riding attire. Sorta spendy, as they list at around $300.00 but got mine on sale for about $225.00 - I dont clean my boots at all, and they still look great - Also for sizing they run very true to normal sizes - been lots of debate over this, but for me they were a perfect fit. Very Impressed with Sidi, and they make some awesome socks to boot...lol

Now if they fit like my Alpinestar Tech 8 race motocross boot, I would say stay away, unless you want to walk funny, and feel nothing in the boot. The top section of the sidi's give great input, and just enough flex to be very comfortable and provide excellent protection for the street or mild track days. After owning leather and Lorica, I wont go back to Leather due to all the benefits & Im a hard sell on New technology. Again, Im not trying to sell anything, just trying to give ya some user feedback, so your money is well spent.

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137270820 -->

Thanks Jinkster for posting this. I have been wanting boots but didnt really know which ones to get. I have been looking at the ones you got and some Joe Rockets. I think I will go with the ones you ordered since I read so many good comments. Thanks again.

Back