Guide me

lastmanstanding

Registered
Hey Guys, please help me out in this

# Good and cheap place to buy helmet online(condition should ship worldwide)

# which one Shoei or soumy

# Is it right, you should always buy suomy one size higher (please correct me if wrong)

# (This one is killing me) right Helmet for 06 canberry/black.

tounge.gif
only few questions, would really appreciate your input.

Cheers

First I would look on ebay and try to find the right color scheme and helmet for you. Then when you have the name and type of helmet you can google it and look at those shops that have that helmet and maybe get a better price or that will ship internationally. Good luck.

Hey Guys, please help me out in this

# Good and cheap place to buy helmet online(condition should ship worldwide)

# which one Shoei or soumy

# Is it right, you should always buy suomy one size higher (please correct me if wrong)

# (This one is killing me) right Helmet for 06 canberry/black.

tounge.gif
 only few questions, would really appreciate your input.

Cheers
I wouldnt buy a helmet without wearing it for at least 15 minutes,to check for visability,comfort,pressure points,etc.

It really comes down to fit these days. 1000's of choices.

When you look at what a helmet is supposed to do,you get dozens of opinions why one is better than another.

Snell ratings,dot ratings,Ansi,blah blah blah. ALL KRAPP.

The best helmet in a slow to med speed crash...is a 69$ helmet from PepBoys. Why,because it actually folds or crushes a little bit on impact transfering less G force to your brain. Medium speed crash...probably something like an Icon. High speed...maybe a Shoei or Arai.

When yer head hits something,damage happens to yer brain, not so much from the initial impact...but from the next impact that takes place inside yer skull. Yer brain slams up against the not so smooth interior of yer skull. So, needless to say,a helmet that caves in just the right amount,will actually transfer less g force to the ol' melon.

This is of course my own personal opinion,that and a few manufacturers,researchers,scientists,dudes like that.

So....if you know what speed yer planning on crashing at...
yer all set.

So in other words,yer pretty much fugged like the rest of us.

Keep in mind,that when ordering a helmet,a lid that is even 1 size to big...is at least 15% less effective.

So....go out an' buy the coolest lookin' one you can find.

O and by the way..... sleep well.

devil.gif
rock.gif
1zhelp.gif
just kiddin'. Rubbah.

You GOTTA try it on.... I understand not having that option though. I have an Arai in a medium, wear a medium Shoei too,
but I wear a large in Suomy.

IMO- Suomy a close second in feel to Arai. Suomy definately first in paint and graphics. Good luck.

PS- Suzuki dealer should be able to get you a Shoei that matches your bike w/ the kanji logo on it too.

First I would look on ebay and try to find the right color scheme and helmet for you. Then when you have the name and type of helmet you can google it and look at those shops that have that helmet and maybe get a better price or that will ship internationally. Good luck.
Already done that, never found any thing matching canberry - black, only ones with some match are the wine coloured solid ones.
sad.gif

Already done that, never found any thing matching canberry - black, only ones with some match are the wine coloured solid ones.
sad.gif
Ditch the Cranberry (unless you go with the Suzuki helmet - it's gonna be a hard match).

Add a 3rd color... Black and white? Black and grey? silver? chrome?

Black is black... cranberry is difficult unfortunately.

Try it before you buy it! You will be spending a lot of time in this helmet and ought to be comfortable! You can then either buy it from the shop (who will usually set you up with the corrct cheek pads, visor etc.) or just buy it online. Ebay is crawling with helmets. I'm an Arai fan but they have recently been changing shell shapes and my old trusty Signet is far more comfy than the newer Signet which was just replaced by a new design. My allegiance is only as sound as my comfort when it comes to protecting my grey matter.

Just do like I do, Buy one or two of every brand till you find the ONE.Ive settled with 3, they are Suomy Spec1R Extreme,Shoei X-11,and Arai RX-7 Corsair.:)

Back