False Neutral

Tripod

Registered
I'm brand new to this forum. Just bought an 05 Busa with less than 5k miles and note that it has a false neutral between 4th and 5th. Anyone experience the same thing? What did you do about it?
Thanks in advance for any input

It has been covered hear a couple time, try searching for it. I haven't hit it yet but I know some have. Syn. oil has helped with shifting problem but what kind is a whole nuther debate!!!!!
rock.gif
cool.gif

i think you mean between 5th and 6th? if so,  it seems to get better with miles put on the bike. either bye shifting better or wear in .but both of mine did it. and dont now.

<!--EDIT|rob t
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136227293 -->

There may be nothing wrong at all. If you haven't already tried this, concentrate on making a more forceful shift when changing gears, don't baby it!

mine (05) did it about 4-5 times during its break in -- switched to synth and it hasn't happened since. As said above -- shift it like you mean it

My '04 did it a couple of times and I just paid more attention to shifting at that point and it didn't happen again. My '05 hasn't been ridden enough yet to know.

Congratulations and welcome to the board. A false neutral between 5th and 6th is normal. Shift like you mean it as the others have said. It gets better with age and it gets worse the closer you get to needing an oil change.

You should always shift as quickly as possible, fast shifts actually help a trans. and slow shifts slow down or prevent the meshing of the gears. Fast and Positive as Freddie Spencer says at his school  
race.gif
although I have found the clutch likes to be let out slower than my superbikes clutches do  
smile.gif
and makes for a smoother and less abrupt engagement
face7.gif

I use AMSOIL 10w40 Full Syn. I HAD may problems with the bike popping out of gears with other brands. I have a 05 Black/Red Busa

amf_qt_300pxh.jpg

Click here

<!--EDIT|GSXRme
Reason for Edit: "cat made me do it"|1136245683 -->

'04 did it between 5th and 6th a few times during the first few thousand miles... then it went away.

05LE did it occasionly during first few thousand miles,guess its normal break in process from what ive read here

Shift like you mean it.  The tranny certainly isn't the smoothest out there.  Fast and deliberate

I'm brand new to this forum.  Just bought an 05 Busa with less than 5k miles and note that it has a false neutral between 4th and 5th.  Anyone experience the same thing?  What did you do about it?
I've found that gear changes above the 1-2 shift are a lot smoother without the clutch. Just let off the gas and shift it. No false neutrals - ever!

I'm brand new to this forum.  Just bought an 05 Busa with less than 5k miles and note that it has a false neutral between 4th and 5th.  Anyone experience the same thing?  What did you do about it?
I've found that gear changes above the 1-2 shift are a lot smoother without the clutch. Just let off the gas and shift it. No false neutrals - ever!
I noticed this too... Is there any damage being caused by this "power shift"
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|Leo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136256108 -->

I'm brand new to this forum. Just bought an 05 Busa with less than 5k miles and note that it has a false neutral between 4th and 5th. Anyone experience the same thing? What did you do about it?
rock.gif
It's called a clutchless shift.

Alot of people do it. I've done it since day one on my '03 Busa, and I've never had any problems in the 22,000 miles I've ridden it.

rock.gif
It's called a clutchless shift.  

Alot of people do it.  I've done it since day one on my '03 Busa, and I've never had any problems in the 22,000 miles I've ridden it.
+1

Good, It's a habbit I can not break
biggrin.gif

That's kinda funny...I've alway had the habit of clutchless shifting...it seems alot of bikes shift smoother if you do it just right. Anyways...I just got my busa, and twice i've hit the "false neutral" when shifting w/o the clutch, but never when using the clutch. I was beginning to think the busa really didn't like clutchless shifting..it also had me scared to shift without the clutch...I never experienced this on any other bike, and was worried about what the tranny was actually doing. Anyways...the bike only has 4200 miles on it, and I just did an oil chage with synthetic...maybe that will help...or maybe I just need to stop shifting like a pussy!

I clutchless shift mine the majority of the time. Its been shifting fine since breakin. During the brakin, it would go into nuetral sometimes. Could have been me not pulling up with enough pressure.

Back