Gear Indicator

PORT

Registered
I am in the middle of hooking up my gear indicator and the directions say I have to run it in first between (2k & 4k rpms), back to neutral for sometime than run it in second and back to neutral and then grab the other gears. Can I run the bike on jackstands to do this or do I need to drive the bike? Its a lot easier to do the programming in the garage

All you need is to run it on stands you'll be fine .also it retains memory so set it up once if batt. goes dead or disconnected ..it ok it knows the gears ..

Isnt there a delay from the time you get into gear and the display of that gear? I've heard this,just wandering if its still so.NJ.

Programming the gear indicator should be done by putting the rear wheel on a stand. First step is to put the gear indicator in learn mode, then indicate the number of gears to be programmed (in this case 6). Once that is complete, start the bike, shift to 1st gear and run b/w 2 and 4k. The indicator should show 1st for some period of time and then flash 3 lights and shift neutral. Shift to 2nd and run b/w 2 and 4k, shift to 3rd and do the same, shift to 4th, etc., etc. Works like a champ. NJ, when using the gear indicator there is a delay between actual shifting and the indicator responding but not long. There is a longer delay when downshifting, however.

Programming the gear indicator should be done by putting the rear wheel on a stand. First step is to put the gear indicator in learn mode, then indicate the number of gears to be programmed (in this case 6). Once that is complete, start the bike, shift to 1st gear and run b/w 2 and 4k. The indicator should show 1st for some period of time and then flash 3 lights and shift neutral. Shift to 2nd and run b/w 2 and 4k, shift to 3rd and do the same, shift to 4th, etc., etc. Works like a champ. NJ, when using the gear indicator there is a delay between actual shifting and the indicator responding but not long. There is a longer delay when downshifting, however.
Thanks Ken.

There is a delay NJ however it's minor. The delay is usually when you first start the bike. It doesnt read until the bike begins to move or it's in "N". It's not hatefull. It's a nice feature to have on a very long highway run and you forget if you went into 6th to prevent shifting into 7th.
smile.gif

JD

There is a delay NJ however it's minor. The delay is usually when you first start the bike. It doesnt read until the bike begins to move or it's in "N". It's not hatefull. It's a nice feature to have on a very long highway run and you forget if you went into 6th to prevent shifting into 7th.
smile.gif

JD
Lost count on how many times I tried to shift into 7th!

I just finished the job and went out for a spin. The gear indicator worked perfect with only a slight delay at slow speeds only. When the bike is reving there is no delay at all

Back