busa error code F1 ???HELP!!

bombusa

Registered
anyone have a list of error codes for the busa? Im getting an F1 code which flashes in my digital clock area of the gauge panel and have no clue what this means. anyone know what this code means or know where to find a list of error codes? any info would be greatly apperciated.
sad.gif

Is your FI light also flashing? that flashing in the odometer window indicates something with the fuel injection system...

Crank your bike and take a piece of wire & jump the wires on the little two wire plug in the back and it will tell you a code then post it and tomorrow i will tell you what it means unless someone beats me to it.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128403336 -->

You can download the service manual here:

The "FI" light is a "Fault Indicator". I'm at work and can't open the PDF, but I believe that if you watch the flashing, it will give you the code by counting the flashes. I never had mine come on, so you may have to jumper across the plug like the others said to do.

DO NOT disconnect the battery before retrieving the code, otherwise, the error code will be cleared until the next time it sets one.

Good Luck
cool.gif

cool.gif

Ok...I dloaded the service manual at work...

The FI diagnostic mode info starts on page 4-28. It explains how to enter the "dealer" mode, and then lists all of the codes that can be displayed in the LCD window. Their special tool is nothing more than a matching connector wired to a switch so that they can switch between owner/dealer modes easily.

Chapter 8, Servicing Information, also has error code information.

Hope this helps
wink.gif

I had the FI light come on every time my PCIII would momentarily fail and fire only 3 of the 4 cylinders... The problem was the PC and was replaced by Dynojet.

Back