Only one more question, triple tree

aldo

Registered
I ordered from NYCparts.com their triple tree, which I will use to lower the front of my bike, since I have already dropped the rear 2". Question is, how do I install it, is it that difficult? I've searched this site to no avail. Also how much should I lower the front if I've lowered the rear 2"?

As usual youre help is greatly aprreciated, and I promise I will post up some picks of what I feel is the sweetest Busa color combo, the SILVER and blue.

Thanks

Probably only need to lower the front an 1", but that will depend on your riding style/position. Did you get a complete upper triple tree or just a triple clamp? You will have to remove the clip-ons, then remove the 4 caps on the OEM triple clamp and undo the bolts. Then if you got the complete triple you have to remove both the OEM triple clamp (the one that says 'Suzuki' on it) and the upper triple (black) tree. Then replace with the aftermarket triple tree and replace the clip-ons. If you only got the triple clamp simply remove that and replace. Not too hard, but make sure your master cylinder reservoirs and levers are positioned correctly so they don't interfere with your handling of the bike.

I got the clamp for about $120. Remove the clipons and what looks like 4-6 bolts, put the new clamp on including the clipons, push down about an inch, hold her steady and tighten her down? Thanks man.

The new triple tree you ordered JUST replace the one that has Hayabusa engraved on it...Right?

If so, then do as BigBSBusa said, and then...

To lower the front end, you will need to loosen the upper and lower fork tube clamps and allow the fork tubes to slide up through the new triple clamp. You need to make dam sure that both fork tubes extend up through the clamps EQUALLY, or you could have some suspension problems at the extreme limits of travel. This isn't that hard, but you need to make sure you get them even and tightened down properly.

I'll attach a total of 3 pics so you can see the parts I'm talking about.

This is the "tripple tree" you ordered...right?

Remove four plugs (#6) and four bolts (#7) to remove the triple tree cover.

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127520669 -->

tripletree_1_copy.jpg

cool.gif

This is the upper fork tube clamp...also a triple tree.

Loosen two bolts (#7) to release the fork tubes.

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127520844 -->

Trippletree_2_copy.jpg

This is the lower one.

Loosen four bolts (#4) to release the fork tubes. The front may drop on you, so just loosen these a little at a time so it is controlable.

Hope these help you out.
cool.gif

Good Luck
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127520817 -->

Trippletree_3_copy.jpg

One more item:

The upper and lower clamp bolts torque spec is: <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>16.5 ft-lbf (23 N-m)</span>
...per the 1999-2003 factory service manual, page 6-28.
biggrin.gif

Have you gotten it yet? NYCparts took forever to get me my parts when i ordered them, they made it good by sending me a free set of dogbones. Good luck

stkr00 you are a true scholar and gentleman, In return I shall cheer for them GB Packers. The instructions you have provided will help me immensely I'm sure. Once again this site has hooked me up big time. As far as NYCparts.com goes we shall see. I ordered the undertail, sent it back and included a few more bucks for the triple tree they sell. I actually spoke with the guy and his assistant, they were totally professional regardless of everything I hear on this site. I'll keep you updated and thanks once again.

Who did you talk to at NYCParts.  I purchased a undertail and it was too narrow. Email the guy and he was a complete #### saying that I installed it wrong. I got it to work with a heat gun and lots of time. He insisted that he sells hundreds of them a month and It was just me. To top it off, one of the bulbs (LED Clusters) burned out and I never even got to ride the bike. I'm ready to take a shredder to the undertail and send it back to them.
My bike has the same triple tree that he sells. Looks good.

<!--EDIT|Busa03FL
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127537551 -->

I spoke with the guy Craig and a female assistant. They said that I could send the undertail back and exchange it for the triple tree, so thats what I did.

I think people have to understand this, if you want top notch quality and service, then pay for it. These guys are a bargain basement operation, look at their prices. Theyre offering a product for much less than their competition, don't expect the same thing for that much less, just not the way it works in this world. And if you want to argue that point, or that it just aint fair, well good luck.

I'm doing the same and have gotten everything in place and loosened the top bolts on the forks but on the bottom four bolts I can't fit my socket wrench on bc of the ram air.... How did you guys reach those bolts

I'm doing the same and have gotten everything in place and loosened the top bolts on the forks but on the bottom four bolts I can't fit my socket wrench on bc of the ram air.... How did you guys reach those bolts
If you've got the plastics off should be 2 screws on each ram tube, pull those out and just push them outta the way. I did mine with just a wrench with one of the tubes still in place but doesnt give you the room to get a torque wrench in there

Back