Got passed by a squid today

issy_busa

Donating Member
Registered
I was going south on 405 near Kirkland today about 3:30 when I spot another motorcycle gaining on me. I'm in the right side of the HOV lane and I slow to about 70 in case it's a cop.

Well it's not a cop but some dork on a sport bike with no protecive gear except a helmet. He passes me in the left side of my lane going at least 100. I think about giving chase and decide racing through traffic is a bad idea.

What an idiot.

same thing happened 2 me today. i was in the HOV doing a good 90 (speed limit 65) and i c some headlights coming up quick. so i slow it down to 70 and a dude on a yamaha FZ1 just buzzes me on my right side.
rock.gif
i paused for a sec, and wasnt going 2 go give chase.. but i did
tounge.gif
and passed the SOB in a matter of secs at 150'ish like he was standing still
laugh.gif

AZIROC
Seasoned Pilot

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
same thing happened 2 me today. i was in the HOV doing a good 90 (speed limit 65) and i c some headlights coming up quick. so i slow it down to 70 and a dude on a yamaha FZ1 just buzzes me on my right side. i paused for a sec, and wasnt going 2 go give chase.. but i did and passed the SOB in a matter of secs at 150'ish like he was standing still [/QUOTE]

Dont play around with the DPS, Playa !

Here in Florida 80% of the riders I see are Squids . No helmet , gloves , jacket or boots. Hell I've seen guys ride in flip/flops
wow.gif
. I just got some leather to replace my summer riding gear. I usally wear Joe Rocket textile jacket and Atomic Jeans with Icon Super Duty Gloves and Boots. I now upgraded to AlpineStar leather Jacket , Hein Gericke leather Pants , Alpinesstar Boots and gloves. I'm just waiting for the temp. to drop a little bit more
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|tinmann
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127302177 -->

DSC00126.JPG

Some squid looney blew past me in the mountains the other day, not sure what bike he was on because he was going so fast. This was on a seriously twisty, narrow road with no margin for error at those speeds.

Didn't see him after that, so either he went off the edge/into a ditch that I couldn't see, or got so far ahead I couldn't/didn't want to catch him. Either way, I think his days are numbered.

He was wearing a helmet though....

I was going south on 405 near Kirkland today about 3:30 when I spot another motorcycle gaining on me.  I'm in the right side of the HOV lane and I slow to about 70 in case it's a cop.

Well it's not a cop but some dork on a sport bike with no protecive gear except a helmet.  He passes me in the left side of my lane going at least 100.  I think about giving chase and decide racing through traffic is a bad idea.

What an idiot.
Smart man issy, let fate catch him instead.

good job issy_Busa!!! Smart Too. Now the squied will prolly get on some forum and "brag" that he "walked a Busa."  
laugh.gif
But as someone else said, his days are numbered.

<!--EDIT|gtrpimp76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127321292 -->

I was going south on 405 near Kirkland today about 3:30 when I spot another motorcycle gaining on me.  I'm in the right side of the HOV lane and I slow to about 70 in case it's a cop.

Well it's not a cop but some dork on a sport bike with no protecive gear except a helmet.  He passes me in the left side of my lane going at least 100.  I think about giving chase and decide racing through traffic is a bad idea.

What an idiot.
the same thing happened to me...MAN! was i pissed. I didn't even see him in my mirror so you had it better than me...On top of it i was thinking about switching lanes...if i did we both would have been toast....I wanted to kill that SQUID but racing through traffic wasn't a good idea..Figure he will get whats coming to him.

I just came from Orlando on Sunday and 95% of the riders I saw don't even use helmets. Unbelivable
sad.gif

Funny.... I got passed today by a squid also.... not sure what he was on but I think it was a Honda... anyway blows by me in the left lane do at least 100+ just sreaming... Thought about jacken his azz up but didn't, just tired from working all day and really I new I could sta-ump him anyway so why bother. So like I was saying he goes by no helmet no gloves a pair of tennis shoes and a blue short sleeve Hawaiian shirt blowing in the wind... but anyway pretty soon the traffic starts to slow down in the left lane and I'm think "ut~oh" but as I get closer this idiot is taking the blue Hawaiian shirt off why still doing about 70 in the left hand. Guess it was just whipping on him way to much... I pass him with the rest of the traffic in the right lane and give him a courtesy nod... and soon enough here he comes again this time really screaming but this time only wearing a white wife beater..,. guess he didn't look cool enough with the blue Hawaiian shirt....

A quote from Benjamin Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanac is in order for all squids:'' Experience keeps a dear school, but a fool will learn in no other, and scarce at that"

Happened to me riding 2 up w/ my son.... I was pissed. Plus he passed me in my lane while in a sweeping rt turn on the freeway. I was pissed. Local Sportbike Club....

AZIROC
Seasoned Pilot

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
same thing happened 2 me today.  i was in the HOV doing a good 90 (speed limit 65) and i c some headlights coming up quick.  so i slow it down to 70 and a dude on a yamaha FZ1 just buzzes me on my right side.     i paused for a sec, and wasnt going 2 go give chase.. but i did    and passed the SOB in a matter of secs at 150'ish like he was standing still  

Dont play around with the DPS, Playa ![/QUOTE]
normally i wouldnt and havve let the motor that hides behind the bridge at 79th ave have im... but DPS was to busy on the eastbound side towards the stack with an accident.
smile.gif
so i knew no DPS motors were even in the area.

<!--EDIT|AZIROC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127366954 -->

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but no old, bold pilots.

Unfortunately, sooner or later, squids tend to eliminate themselves.
blush.gif

hypocrisy

n 1: an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction [syn: lip service] 2: insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have

Where to start.....

I'm in the right side of the HOV lane and I slow to about 70 in case it's a cop. *****He passes me in the left side of my lane going at least 100.

i was in the HOV doing a good 90 (speed limit 65)****passed the SOB in a matter of secs at 150'ish

It's funny, how if you don't personally know the person, they are a squid. We all know that if they aren't on a busa, of course they don't know how to ride??? javascript: InstaSmilie()
javascript: InstaSmilie() You realize that on another board, people are talking about you in just the same manner. "I was out with my girlfriend going on a picnic, when this jackass on some Suzuki flys by me doing at least 100, trying to show off."

I bought a bike for fun, to ride, enjoy, take my kid to school, occasionally do 180, etc. I have about 1/8" of chicken marks left on my back tire, and I'm out to just ride, and enjoy myself. I'm not trying to impress anyone who happens to be on another bike. Even if that happens to mean I pass them on the way. Not everybody is out to impress you, so you can turn around and call them a squid.

But, what do I know, I only have like 2 posts, I must be a squid.

I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.javascript: InstaSmilie()
javascript: InstaSmilie()

Back