18-43,effect on speedo

chevelle

Donating Member
Registered
as the title says,i will be going to 18-43 gearing shortly,wondering what effect this will have on the speedometor

did some more calculating may well end up with 18-42

<!--EDIT|chevelle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121036248 -->

I'm curious why you would go one up in the front to make it taller and then go three up on the rear which will make it just about the same gear ratio as stock? Only thing I can see is the wheelbase will be shorter? Please Explain?

i wondered the same thing. the 42T sprocket in the rear shortened the wheelbase on my bike about 7/16". I was pleasantly surprised that the difference was so large, as that was my goal. I never thought about adding one in thhe front as well, which would help correct the speedo error, although it would also take away that extra oomph down low that has become rather addicting
smile.gif

the reason for the change is nitrous,i have just about finnished the install of my a&j dry shot and controller (a couple of ferrils and it will be complete) i think the larger sprockets and new ek zzz chain will deal with the 60 shot a little better,spreading the load out so to speak,i will add a few links so the w/b should remain about what it was,i am 1.75'' over stock

18-42,43 is a done deal,i have the chain and sprockets,just waiting for a new rivot tool (on the way)

anyone know the effect on the speedo

Back