Hayabusa Meaning of Name???

The Hayabusa is a type of Falcon. It is in fact the fastest Falcon in the word and reported to achive speeds of 186 miles per hour in a dive.

Loosely translated the kanji on the hayabusa (named after the bird or Japan's bullet train) means "strong and fast"

Don't remember where I picked up that tidbit....

Peregrine falcon to be specific.
biggrin.gif

The Hayabusa is a type of Falcon. It is in fact the fastest Falcon in the word and reported to achive speeds of 186 miles per hour in a dive.
Ive heard thats why it goverened at 186??
It's actually goverened at 186 due to the European Union banning bikes that can exceed 300kph (186mph).

The Perigrine Falcon (A.K.A. Hayabusa in Japan) has been clocked in a dive in excess of 200mph.  To date it's the fastest know bird on the planet.

beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116873739 -->

Loosely translated the kanji on the hayabusa (named after the bird or Japan's bullet train) means "strong and fast"

Don't remember where I picked up that tidbit....
Pretty close from what I've heard.

I have a friend, from China, who told me that the Kangi said "Accurate".

Either way it kicks butt!

biggrin.gif

hayabusa - a loosely used japanese term to describe strength and speed. It is also the name given to the peregrine falcon in Japan....

The japanese have used this term on many things....first one was a plane. The name was alos lent to some wartime ships (or subs?), if I remember correctly. Most notably, the name is also used on the Bullet Train....a japanese train that is capable of covering insane amounts of railroad track in even more insane time.

Yes
Pac that's right if you look up Hayabusa it will come up as a plane (WWII fighterplane), train (The Bullet train), the Peregrine Falcon, and Yes the Kanji means
"Strong" eg: when you say "HAYA" ((HIGH -YAA)) in Karate and "busa" means fast or swift.

RsN
BTW
Hayawara is the name of the X1 Yoshi bike wara means light

....ok now that all the doubts have been cleared!!! can we post wh0re in this thread
rock.gif
devil.gif

Thanks again to everyone, I appreciate your imput. I had no idea that I was buying a bike which had so much history behind its name. Now I feel Special and Privileged to be a Hayabusa Owner!!!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

BigK

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

The bird in question preys on Blackbirds. It "swoops down and eats little blackbirds for lunch....." that is attributied to a Suzuki engineer being questioned about the name.

Nakajima Ki-43 II "Oscar"
"Hayabusa" (Peregrine Falcon)
From the 2nd Company, 54th Flight, Pacific theater 1943

ki-43-1.jpg

Carl

Back