Damn - she got scratched up!

tedbiele

Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!&quot
Donating Member
Registered
This sucks.
Was just getting started on our ride tonight. We were on the freeway just about to exit. Some trash got kicked up off the freeway and hit my nose and scratched the friggin fairing up.
Ugly.
My Busa was pristine and pretty without a single scratch on her. Now I am gonna order a new nose piece and save this one as a 'just in case' piece.....
Damn it. Thank god I work for Suzuki.

Okay.... rant finished..... now where are my friends to coddle me and tell me it's gonna be okay???

LOL!
sad.gif

heheh...you'll be alright, bro. I'm glad it didn't turn into something worse...
cool.gif

Hey Ted sorry to hear that man. Heck, your pumpkin will be back in shape in no time. Sucks my fairings got 'rubbed' in on the surface because of how it was packed on its way to Cali, so now I have to get it painted :-( I want the same colors but just in a different design. I was there from 10-12 I did not see you go. Is this the reason why you were not there? You called me accidentaly maybe 6 times and left 2 voice mails lol You were riding I heard. Anyways get back at me, Royce

it was OK tonight not packed like 2weeks ago though. Bad wreck happened tonight to. Killed the mood for me so I just left at 12

I know how you feel bro... scratched Elenor last week, and I almost died in agony
sad.gif

There, there....it'll be okay...don't cry...
laugh.gif

Okay, do you feel coddled and consoled now
rock.gif

Sorry to hear about the scratches. I know I'd be pissed if it were mine. Good luck with the new nose piece.
cool.gif

Sorry Ted, atleast you're ok and able to order a new nose from Suzuki @ a discount! Could have been worse Buddy! Glad youre still around to tell us about it1 NJ.

Sucks my fairings got 'rubbed' in on the surface because of how it was packed on its way to Cali, so now I have to get it painted :-(
Just to save it next time, I used clear shelf paper (AKA contact acetate) which I cut and stuck to the fairings under my saddlebags on my recent 6,000 mile trip. Aerostich also sells multi-use thin static mats you can trim and put on your fairing which do the same thing. It kept the saddlebags from rubbing on the paint. I taped a piece of plastic bag over the lettering since I wasn't sure if the shelf paper would take it off when I removed it.

Carl

Sorry for you Ted. But you have the discount so use it and get back out there. There is alot of trash in and around Houston on the streets that can get kicked up and ruin our day. You always have to love the occasional dirt-rock that comes flying at you (light-speed) that hits a knee, shoulder, or helmet !! Shid feels like you got hit by a missile.

The shock factor of that first scratch does really suck.....You'll be fine though bro, just be glad you were still rubber side down..

That sucks!!   One of the main reasons I haven't gotten a custom paint job, well that and money  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114702351 -->

wow your bying a new nose casue you got a scratch on it...When you ride frequetly scratches happen its part of the game i wouldnt order on just keep what ya got cause im pretty sure it wont be the last scratch

Yeah what him said.

When you are doing 180+ and you get little sand and rocks kicked up you are going to get scratches.

I was looking at my fairing before the ride last weekend while I was washing it and I have little hairline cracks here and there. I have small nicks in my head lights.

I think some of my fairing cracks might be stress fractures because some of them are near fairing bolts. who knows.. but I do have hairline cracks on my fairings

If you are going to ride it you are going to get nicks, just think of them as trophy scars.

I mean big huge cracks and missing parts is one thing.. but little nicks.. trophy scars
biggrin.gif

Yeah what him said.

When you are doing 180+ and you get little sand and rocks kicked up you are going to get scratches.

I was looking at my fairing before the ride last weekend while I was washing it and I have little hairline cracks here and there. I have small nicks in my head lights.

I think some of my fairing cracks might be stress fractures because some of them are near fairing bolts. who knows.. but I do have hairline cracks on my fairings

If you are going to ride it you are going to get nicks, just think of them as trophy scars.

I mean big huge cracks and missing parts is one thing.. but little nicks.. trophy scars
biggrin.gif
I wouldn't replace a piece for a minor scratch...But if your fortunate enough to do it go for it...I've also got the hairlines near the bolts...Taking the fairing on and off will do it...My bikes an 02 and it has battle scratches and it's looking for a few more...Just glad it did hit your helmet...

Guys I am sorry. Dont mean to sound like a baby. Upon further review its pretty banged up. Looks kinda ugly?? Dunno. May try to buff out. But there are a few holes too. I'll post some pix tomorrow!

Just have it fixed
wink.gif
there's no sense in buying a new part if it can be repaired.

Back