using a enclosed trailer...

birdaprey

Registered
well I am in need of more space... ( have to many toys )

in order to not build a new garage; and still keep every vehicle
inside and locked up, I was wondering if one could store the busa  in a enclosed trailer, would you need it to be vented? it would be its new home every night...   ( I know where I can get a 7x12 trailer cheap...)

is any one doing this? is there any hidden side effects?

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112836659 -->

I thought about it for awhile..

I thought about it but ended up deciding to build a garage.

reasons..
1 I have more than a 5'X7' or bigger trailer can handle.
2 I would have had to removed all the non essentail stuff when I wanted to use the trailer as a "trailer"
3 I worried about somebody stealing the bike, the trailer, and everything else in there.
4. aside from the unfinished basement in my house I have no storage for things. My basement is underground so y ou have to go down step to get to it (some people have said it's a storm cellar and they didn't know what a basement was.. so whatever you call it) that makes it a ##### for lawnmowers, bikes, tables and what have you.

4 i thought it would be an eyesore sitting the yard all the time.

I did however devise a a plan in the event I went that way.

four blocks to put the trailer on and remove the wheels to avoid easy theft.

some cheap lattice work to hid all the unsightly stuff underneath while it was in "storage" mode.

I figured I could dig about 6 inches deep and bury the bottom edge of the lattice in it and wire tie it together at the edges to make it stable enough to withstand normal winds.. of course I planned on leaving a few extra inches on the sides so I could just pull it into the spot and drop it.

A good idea.. I think.. jsut wasn't practicle for me at the time.

bump.gif

How about an old cargo container? Ugly, but could be painted, weatherproof, lockable, not immovable but would require an effort.....

I use an enclosed trailer as my "permanent" home for my 04 LE.  I have a shed, and all that junk, but honestly since the trailer is COMPLETELY dedicated to the bike...I am a happy camper.  I do not want the kids knocking over the rake into it and I do not want the wife running the lawnmower into the it...ECT.  
    Now admittedly I do have it chained to a pole that is secured to the deck via concrete...I also have one wheel "customed" locked.  (AND on a more interesting note I park my truck about 6 inches from the door to it.)  Is this overkill?  NAhh...already had a '03 copper one  stolen (not in the trailer...left it on my front porch...yep  DUMBASS!!! Best part was that I had the trailer and was feeling lazy that night and did not put it up).  Final note to this long drawn out thing is that I can also load the bike and TOW it to the Dragon's Tail...whenever I want...(when I am not on det of course)

<!--EDIT|Stadow
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112915759 -->

Smoke... thats a nice setup! is that an a/c on top!

Smoke or Stadow... is there any problem with it being shut up in there? will it need to be vented for air flow?

most trailers I've seen have a roof vent. If you do it make sure you put something under the rear of the trailer to keep it from falling on its butt. Get a good tongue lock and also lock the wheel some how to keep someone from just driving off with it.

Repeat answer, but yes my trailer has an adjustable vent in the roof, I leave it cracked and have had no problems. It gets a little hot in there, but honestly no hotter than say my shed. (Mind you again this is in NC) If in long term (ie on det) I throw a cover over the bike as well (for dust) NOTE, even though the vent is slightly open, you can call me crazy but I do not get any leakage onto the bike. Flipping weird...anyway the whole set-up has worked just fine for me. Just when you do it, roll your trailer every once in awhile so you do not have tire problems. Also...that little spare tire they offer you when you buy the damned thing...HEHE BUY IT!!! Cuz you never know!!!

Back