Stolen White LE - FOUND! 2 years later

el stumpo

Registered
As reported in Oct of 2013, my 2006 White Busa was stolen: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...77993-2006-white-le-stolen-nc-east-coast.html

Last night, I was cruising craigslist and saw MY BIKE. the guy was selling my exhaust and PC3 for $450 (sheet, it's worth at least $600!). He had a picture of the bike sans seats and frames. Immediately contacted the detective on my case. Gave him tons of pics of my bike and the one being sold and showed him where it was my bike - down to the brake lines and rotors. He made contact and went looking for my bike with no luck.

Today, I was eager to call, but let him do his job. He just called me. They recovered the bike, engine number matches. has plastics. Bike has been disassembled, there was a guy coming tomorrow to buy parts - good thing we got him when we did!

The guy who posted no CL is not very bright and gave all the information to the nice officer where he bought from whom, etc. he can't tell me more as the guy who sold it to him is actively under investigation for... stealing bikes!

I'll see what condition it's in and post pics. I'll also find what I can about what's going to happen to the azzhat. :firing:

Thought people would want to hear about the one that I got back! :super:

WARNING! GORE AHEAD!

How it arrived at the house

IMG_20150828_223028[1].jpg

Ignition and gas tank locks were not molested. Doesn't look like anyone drove it.

Now time to put it back together... Still debating registering or track bike :laugh:

Wow! Glad you got it back! Sorry it's not in better shape :(. Hopefully the Five-oh will nail the bastids!

Wow Pete thats great news! To bad im not closer, or i would be there to help you reassemble.

Wow! Glad you got it back! Sorry it's not in better shape :(. Hopefully the Five-oh will nail the bastids!

Thanks Omar - the cop who I was working with also had his bike stolen, so he knows the feeling. Really nice guy who helped me unload the bike.

Strangely enough - all the parts look to be there (except seats) and nothing looks molested. I don't even think it was ridden since it was stolen!

Do still have the race tech fork parts??

yep, still got everthing. Kinda glad i didn't sell the leftovers!

Also - still good parts on the bike - galfer rotors, lines.. pazzo levers, db windscreen (scratched some), dunlop Q2s, speedohealer, air horn...

you didn't have full insurance? and if you did collect wouldn't the insurance company want whats left?

you didn't have full insurance? and if you did collect wouldn't the insurance company want whats left?
There was a miscommunication with the insurance company and I didn't have theft. Had i did, yes, they would be the owners.

Back