The Marquez - Rossi relatioinship

I think he press is overdoing it - trying to create a rivalry for more excitement.

I watched the post-race press conference. Everybody's nerves were still shot, but the press continued to try and bait all three of them into getting into an argument, and all three of them avoided it.

Rossi was there first; Marquez took a shot at it, and this time lost. I could go the other way next time. Both are highly competitive riders, but off the track I don't think they harbor any resentments.

I mean, Rossi and Lorenzo REALLY didn't like each other about 4 years ago, but right now they get along pretty good - mostly because they aren't usually right on each other battling for the finish.

Marquez wasn't happy about the finish - but geez let him cool off a little. I thought he handled it pretty well.

MM inspired by his hero...meh they'll be over it and moving on, wish MotoGP/Dorna would but as said its PR crap.

rossi1.jpg

rossi2.jpg

rossi3.jpg

rossi4.jpg

rossi5.jpg

It's a heated debate now...seems the way you view the incident depends on who you like.

Either way, it's all bad for the sport...

This was maybe the best season ever in GP. Hard fought battles, the good riders at their best head to head, and bikes generally evenly matched. Then there this little prick Marquez who is pissed because he tried a crazy pass on Rossi and hit him at Assen, then Rossi kept the bike up right and won. Marquez's antics after that race told the story that he was a prick, refusing to accept that he was beaten by a GOAT. In the press conference he said "I know what I have to do" and gave his prick grin. It's lower than low to do what Marquez was doing, holding up Rossi so Lorenzo can get away. What this little prick doesn't get is that that was an insult to Rossi, MotoGP, all of us fans (especially those betting on the outcome), and mostly to Lorenzo who doesn't need any help to win a championship. What Rossi did was wrong, but can you blame him? This was no different than a basketball player throwing a game.

Way to turn an amazing season into a total disaster, just because you are out of it MM. If you are a MotoGP rider lining up with MM can you really count on him being a professional?

If you are a MotoGP rider lining up with MM can you really count on him being a professional?

It seems every other rider in MGP doesn't have too much of a problem with him...VR has done PLENTY of crap moves
in his time of GP racing.

It seems every other rider in MGP doesn't have too much of a problem with him...VR has done PLENTY of crap moves
in his time of GP racing.

He sure has,saw a bunch of Rossi's crap in Hitting The Apex.If it were me today I'd have waited for old Rossi in the pits and lumped him up.

This was maybe the best season ever in GP. Hard fought battles, the good riders at their best head to head, and bikes generally evenly matched. Then there this little prick Marquez who is pissed because he tried a crazy pass on Rossi and hit him at Assen, then Rossi kept the bike up right and won. Marquez's antics after that race told the story that he was a prick, refusing to accept that he was beaten by a GOAT. In the press conference he said "I know what I have to do" and gave his prick grin. It's lower than low to do what Marquez was doing, holding up Rossi so Lorenzo can get away. What this little prick doesn't get is that that was an insult to Rossi, MotoGP, all of us fans (especially those betting on the outcome), and mostly to Lorenzo who doesn't need any help to win a championship. What Rossi did was wrong, but can you blame him? This was no different than a basketball player throwing a game.

Way to turn an amazing season into a total disaster, just because you are out of it MM. If you are a MotoGP rider lining up with MM can you really count on him being a professional?

Let take a wild guess Arch,you're not a MM fan?:rofl: Marquez is the best thing to happen to that sport in a long time,was always the same few guys until he came in and wiped the floor with everybody last year.The most exciting guy out there to watch,with him it's all or nothing/podium or crash(if he's not in the race I don't even bother watching the finish).

Back