Rear Sprocket ?

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
OK, finally got the rear sprocket, now I need to do something to get rid of that ugly silver finish. I want it black to match the frame and wheels.

My question is, do you think powdercoat would work?

I think my only other option is to take it to the local steel shop and see what other chemical process they might have.

Any suggestions beside painting it, cause thats not an option.

Thanks

I chromed mine. It looks great and lasts pretty good. I've got two sprockets... one 40t and one 42t. Personally I think the powder coating would be better because it definitely holds up better than chrome. I've got a co-worker who is going to start experimenting with powder coating, and the first job he will do once he perfects his craft is to powder coat my sprocket to match my new paint job.
biggrin.gif

Personally I would powder coat the sprocket either the black or the orange on your bike. I'm more in favor of the orange, but either one will set it off. Good Luck!

I would go with the black powdercoat. From what I have seen, the powdercoat will be longer lasting than the chrome or other finishes.

Thanks guys,

I wasn't sure if the powdercoat would come off the teeth or hurt the chain or anything. Definitely not looking for chrome, there will be no shiny stuff on the bike!

Was hoping someone would post who has had sprockets powdercoated and say whether they held up or not.

Appreciate the input.

Back