Help In Decide What to Upgrade?

Maria Prado

Registered
Hey Guys,

This is my First Time posting on this Forum. I have 2012 Hayabusa Its Got an Complete Yoshimura Exhaust, i have the K&N Filter but i have not put it in. This week i will.

So the thing is this, i ran at a local track, not the best one but its all we´ve got and i did 10.7s@138mph . Yes i know its slow but i weight 258 pounds and this was my first time
ever running this bike.

I want to do a couple of upgrades to it. So my Question is... What can i do to it? what do you recommend? my Goal might be 9.9 9.8s im currently in the process of lowering my weight to about
200pounds or less.

-What do you Think about the PowerCommander? Which one is the Best (no computer tunning plug and play)? Is it Worth?
-What Sproket should i get? Stock is 42T im looking into 43T or 44T? which one could do better?
-Complete Swing Arm or Swing Arm Extension that couples directly to the original so i can take it off either way?
-What tyre do you recommend?
-And last but not Least, CLUTCH should i? Barnet cluthches? or whichone only Disc and Springs?

Thanks For reading Guys :thumbsup:i Appreciate it alot. ill wait for you Commentaries, my next race is very soon is the 16 and 17th of MAY 2015:laugh:

Lose the 50lbs, save your money and see what times you run.

Agreed....before spending a bunch of money lose even 10 to 20 pounds...then look at your times. I'm a big boy myself...one of the reasons the "big" bike appealed to me. You would be amazed at the difference 15 or 20 lbs can make in a straight shot. If losing weight isn't fast enough for you I might suggest a sprocket change. A tooth or two on the rear will shorten your shifts slightly. It sounds like you are looking for straight line excel so that may gain you some time. As far as power commanders go you will find friend and foe there. I lean more towards the oem flash and dial. Whereas depending on how serious you are about flat out straightline you may gain from a commander mapped for that specific goal.

One of our local girls ran a 9.90 on a 100% stock, out of the crate B-King.
Stock height, tyres, suspension etc. no mod's.
The bike is heavier and less powerful than a Gen-2 Hayabusa, has an upright riding position, and cuts through the air like a barn door.
As ridden off the showroom floor.

Two things.
# She was slim.
# she had a lot of practice.

image.jpg
http://postimage.org/

image.jpg
http://postimage.org/

Murderedout07 i think has special 50 for the ecu flash to remove restrictions and give you better timing in 1-4.

Get the lowering straps brocks or anyother brand. About another 50. Also get the links for rear.

Wouldnt bother with pc5 until full exhaust and even then would just get dyno tuned with ecu flash.

Take your mufflers off at track to save a lot of weight.

Should get ya a good bit closer to 9s for under $200. After that look for gearing or just more seat time. All depends how soon you need to hit 9s.

Back