Erik Buell Racing out of business

Odd that he's out of business. In NHRA drag racing Buell holds 4 of the top ten spots in points right now.

Not great standings but hey,they are 5th,6th,7th,and 10th.

Behind harley 1st and 2nd, and Suzuki:thumbsup: 3rd and 4th.

Wait,nevermind....:laugh:

RSD.

Wow that sucks..... I actually checked out an 1190RX at a dealership a few times and they didn't look half bad. It even held its own against a Panigale when they did a head to head comparison which is impressive all things considered a 1st year production bike vs a world renowned Italian Superbike.

wonder what's gonna happen to all the bikes that haven't sold and those poor bastards that already bought 1??

I didn't even know Buell's were manufactured in my area. Goes to show how well marketed those bikes were. Another 100 jobs evaporate in Milwaukee. Another 100 people on unemployment/foodstamps/state insurance. Hope they can move to find jobs cuz there aint shyte in East Troy or anywhere around Milwaukee...or Wisconsin, for that matter.

I'm not surprised. It was a futile attempt.

Anyone who tries to get established with a new sports bike brand, without established past credibility and a successful proven record of achievements will have a tough time. They will have to deliver something which is superior to anything else out there and even then, it would take a number of years to earn their reputation.

Looks like he needed more business loans and they wouldn't extend his credit.

"No more Buell for you,ever."

RSD.

soup-nazi.jpg

Again? Isn't this the 3rd time? The Sportster engined one, The KTM engined one, and the latest one with him doing all of those Am-Soil commercials with because his engines were failing with "regular oils in them.
I just feel sorry for all of those people that bought them to ride them and got stuck.........again.

Again? Isn't this the 3rd time? The Sportster engined one, The KTM engined one, and the latest one with him doing all of those Am-Soil commercials with because his engines were failing with "regular oils in them.
I just feel sorry for all of those people that bought them to ride them and got stuck.........again.

Yes, it will make finding parts difficult and expensive!

That sucks cause i think his bike is gorgeous! It was expensive but if i had the money i would love to own an American sportbike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back