Lets get personal!!

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
So, what have you done for your Garage Queen L8ly...............

A very simple to do mod. Get a spare key cut, place the flat side head of the key on the bottom side of the MC
or object you would like to use and mark off the outside area of the key with a pen. This will give you a visual outline of the area that needs to be removed from the key porting that is held between and needs to be dug on the object using a dremel tool with a round router bit attachment. Just keep working the router into the bottomside of the MC until you can fit the entire head of the key inside. Next mix together some JB weld with a tooth pic and shoveled it in the hole (bottom side of the MC) with the same tooth pic. Next, insert the key and let it dry.

Voila, that's all folks

ZiHZcuEHz3toF_Lx1aY9FrldMTHY-D6dZqsdVAXSS-A=w400-h300-no.jpg

20141005_180045.jpg

Custom%2Bkey%2Bin%2BGauge%2Bcluster.jpg

there's a blast from the past! :welcome: back Rhythm, glad to see you are alive and well...hope all is good with you and yours :beerchug:

I am confused as well. Is this to hide a spare key, or to make a toy for a desk? :dunno:

Speaking of intimate... I went into my garage, stroke her tank, proudly glanced over my newly installed red colored brake/clutch lines and clear looking fluid, squeezed the brake lever to feel the hardness of the brake, pulled the clutch lever a couple of times to hear barely recognizable thump of the push rod somewhere deep inside the engine, turned the rear wheel (she is on the rear stand now) and proudly looked for a couple of seconds at my scrubbed, cleaned and lubed chain, was standing there just looking at her for a few seconds, thinking what else I could do. Found nothing, turned the lights off, and exited with a smile on my face... New brake pads are ready. So are the new tires... Riding season is coming soon.

OK, I got it... You turn a plain boring MC key into a fun object by attaching a small figure/model to the head of the key. You also create a base where you can stick your key so that your newly created fun toy stands vertically. Need to go riding? Grab the key by pulling the key out of the base, go to the bike, and stick the key into the bike's ignition. The toy/figure is now hovering atop the ignition instead of a boring regular key.

Daam Rythem, don t c many of us long timers around anymore! And i see u still have waaay to much time one hour hands. Cool mod tho,'somebody used to sell those on here way back when.

Daam Rythem, don t c many of us long timers around anymore! And i see u still have waaay to much time one hour hands. Cool mod tho,'somebody used to sell those on here way back when.

HONK HONK, the title is cute little J/K. :rofl: This is an afforable and usable key mod you can do in your spare time (cabin feva) to any key. As I said b4 the keys are useable, not just eye candy. Well, I take that statement back partially, the siler cylinder item in the photo is my key fob I made. Which is for eye candy, expressing my love as an independent MC Ryda. The rest of the items in the photos are temporary mounted on a gold pedal stool using clay for easy viewing. Included are steps to make your own.

Your welcome

Busa1300nut, you are correct. However, I believe the person selling them was designing and casting the key heads in house. I'm sure with the time and material invested there was very little profit if any. So with that said, I came up with an alternative cheap way of making my own.

Note: I had to widen the stock tripple tree area where the Hayabusa Key rest (ignition) for turning on the bike a bit using a drum disk with sand paper in a drill press. Other than that, you not have to remove (sand, grind) material from the circumference of the tripple tree key area where the key rotates.

I got mo time than money

Hey Rhythm, aren't you the guy who had custom speakers installed in the 'Busa uppers, and you posted a story a long time ago that a SUV was standing next to you, and everyone at the meetup thought the music was coming from a SUV, and then SUV drove away, but the music was still there, and everyone couldn't believe the music with all the base was coming from a bike? If it's you, I still remember that post. Also the phrase 'Got more time than money' rings a bell, LOL

Yep, thats me. A few members from Hayabusa.Org first meet and Greet in Colorrado heard it in person. Best time every!!! The system had 6 speaker one 8" sub setup with highs, med, and lows. Two tweeters custom molded into the windshield, two 5.5" in the inners,two 5.5" tucked behind the side rear fairing, and an eight in sub n the hump. Powered by a 7 channel amp and a secondary deep cycle battery.

IG, here are some photos of the system and few Hayabusa.org 1st meetngreet.
DSC02183.jpg

DSC02180.jpg

Slide1.jpg
789.gif

.Orf 1st meet n greet at Cooper Mt. Colorado.

cyclefest3.jpg

My Wingman through the Rockies to Montana.
100_0184.jpg

1.jpg

Speaker sub hump, I made for member.
DSC02679.jpg

Ha-ha! I knew I wasn't crazy. Those pictures of your speakers' setup look familiar. I even remember you had a write-up how you put speakers in the hump, also something about extra battery. :thumbsup:

That's some serious passion for music! Taking 'sound off' to a new level!

Back