Coffman's Exhaust

CREW5125

Registered
I really like the look of a shorty exhaust, and have been researching these quite a bit. They seem to be pretty popular with the Yamaha R6/R1 crowd...not so much with us, but I have found that they are extremely well made and seem to be a much better choice at the same price-point, than just going with Voo Doo's.....I may have been out of the Busa scene for a while after selling my 05 back in 09, but I'm no stranger to the popular exhausts when it comes to these things, so before anyone says "Get a real exhaust..Go Brock", I already know that the Coffman's are not in the same ballpark, so save it lol :laugh:. I'm just curious if anyone has experience with these. After searching, it seems there are only a few guys on here running them on their Busa's.
Thanks guys.

bike-tips1_zpsn0lc2zji.jpg

I should mention that I'm not a fan of the "Coffman's Exhaust Systems" Placard that comes on them, and have emailed them asking if I could get a set without them. I have a black and silver '14 with the gold Kanji and GSX1300R emblems and am debating wether or not the gold tips that are an option on the pipes would be too over the top, or would accent the emblems.....They also offer a black anodized tip, which is the direction I'm thinking of going right now.

Interesting. I don't like a very loud bike so I have never looking into this sort of exhaust but that looks pretty good to me.

Yeah, I know these types of set-ups don't impress a lot of Busa guys...For example: VooDoo gets a bad rep on here, and IMO, its for good reason. I have had the opportunity to check out and install a set on a buddies bike. They are waaaay loud without the speak-easy baffles, and give off a tiny sound with them installed. The quality doesn't impress me for what they cost either.
These Coffman's seem to be very well constructed and of very high quality (For the same price as the VooDoo's). I like that the colored tips are interchangeable and that the baffle is easily removed and re-packable. There aren't a lot of good sound vids floating around, but for $400 bucks, I'm really thinking of giving these a shot and doing an in-depth review with vids.

I actually like the look of these. More stylish than Voodoo, IMO.

I thought about getting a set similar to this, but I don't know if I could handle the dB.

I have not experience with the cuffman's shorties but they look good. I do have 2 sets of the hotbodies shorty than I use every now and then when I take out my yoshimura slipons to polish the mid pipes and change the exhaust notes every once in a awhile.. Those look really nice

I think I'm gonna give them a try. I'm just waiting to hear back from them about getting them without the placards, before I order.

Never heard of this one myself, but I'm definitely digging the look. The red or gold would make a nice pop on my bike. I just don't want anything too loud, and I bet these are.

I have the Jardine GP tips on my 2009 and really like them.Nice quality,good baffles(makes the sound just right) and bought them on sale at Mptorcycle super store on sale at good price.

Ordered the pipes from Coffman's directly Thursday afternoon. $398.00 with free 2-Day Shipping. Tracking says they will be here today. I hope to have them mounted up by tonight. I'll take a bunch of pics and get a sound clip/vid as well.
I went with the gold tipped ones to match the gold accents on my '14....hoping it doesn't look to cheesy. The cool thing about these pipes is I could always order a set of black tips if the I don't like the gold ones. Stay tuned.

Thought about getting these myself but decided to get dumps. I like the look of these. Keep the updates comming . :thumbsup:

USPS came through in a snow storm and delivered the tips. I have to say that for the money, as far as quality goes, these things can't be beat. VERY VERY solid construction, and very high quality. Sorry the pics aren't that great. Coffman's has you drill the mid pipe and rivet it to the mid pipe under the exhaust clamp. They also provide spacers for the kick stand to clearance it away from the left side pipe..... I'm working on uploading a short sound clip right now...Sounds TOUGH without the baffles in.

IMG_2414_zps2zfnqdfz.jpg

IMG_2415_zpsapoxqfsd.jpg

IMG_2418_zpshrnzqg7s.jpg

IMG_2416_zpsg867dhmn.jpg

IMG_2424_zpszev0uwu6.jpg

IMG_2423_zpsgdncq2hc.jpg

IMG_2422_zps1zsxpmdi.jpg

NOTE: For anyone with the black, silver, and gold '14 Busa, the gold on these tips does not match the gold on the bike. I'll be ordering a set of black ones next week.

Mine unfortunately did not come with spacers for the kick stand :(.
Ugh, they must have been getting complaints of the kickstand contacting the pipe, which is probably they are now including them....They are basically just washers that they included to shim the rear kickstand bolt.

I gotta say, that they (Coffman's) really impressed me today. This morning I ordered a set of the black tips online. I received a call about an hour later from a woman who works there. I guess she remembered that I had just ordered the gold set the other day, and she asked me if there was a reason that I was upset with the gold tips that would make me want to buy a new set (Different color) so quickly. I told her that I was not unhappy with them, but that I took a shot with them matching the gold on my bike. I told her that they didn't quite match due to them being darker than I had seen online and darker than the gold on my bike. She told me that she would still process my order and I could do what I liked, but just wanted to tell me that since the tips are anodized, they would lighten up over time due to heat cycling and would probably give me the look I was looking for. She said that they put out the pictures of the "lighter gold" so people see what they will end up looking like after they lighten up.....IDK how many companies out there would go out of their way...NOT TO MAKE MONEY. I was very impressed. I decided to keep the gold tips for now and see what happens. Hopefully she saved me $130 bucks.

Quick Sound Clip. Baffles out.

th_IMG_2420_zpstqeba6ln.gif

Back