What all do I need to mount hard bags?

magus

Registered
I'm looking into getting a set of givi hard bags for my gen 2 busa...
what all besides the bags do I need?

anyone here selling a setup?

Thanks

I got these beauties used for my gen 1, they are sweet and remove to three bolts when not in use.

Here is a back shot showing the bracketry.

20140821_105147_1_1.jpg

BB

I've seen guys come out to parking lot to a cut soft bag and all the goodies stolen

Yup - that is a possibility. But don't think for a moment that if a thief wants something bad enough that a hard case will keep it safe.
I have a hard Givi 55 ltr trunk and put my more expensive stuff in there - but again I know there is a possibility that it could be missing when I return.
My soft cases are more for drinks and snacks etc Maybe a few groceries - but I'm usually on my way home after getting groceries. :laugh:

Like most things there are Pros and Cons to each.

soft bags are chit, I had the ventura system and you cannot compare hard to soft luggage. If it rains the soft bags need a cover or get soaked.

BB

Yup - that is a possibility. But don't think for a moment that if a thief wants something bad enough that a hard case will keep it safe.
I have a hard Givi 55 ltr trunk and put my more expensive stuff in there - but again I know there is a possibility that it could be missing when I return.
My soft cases are more for drinks and snacks etc Maybe a few groceries - but I'm usually on my way home after getting groceries. :laugh:

Like most things there are Pros and Cons to each.

yea and they can take the whole bike... point is to not make easy target for the casual thief.

I got these beauties used for my gen 1, they are sweet and remove to three bolts when not in use.

Here is a back shot showing the bracketry.

20140821_105147_1_1.jpg

BB

That's the second ugliest Busa I've ever seen. The first ugliest Busa I've ever seen had those giant suitcases along with an even uglier (and totally out of place on a Hayabusa) oversized top box. And Corbin bags don't hold shite! Hard bags? Get another bike.

Back