2nd attempt Lane Splitting on 405

bigboy

Registered
Now im on a rented GSXR 600 a day later and im getting the swing of it LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
In the UK I think that would be illegal.
Here's a bit I put on another thread.

Filtering - How it differs from an 'Overtake'.
Contrary to the belief of some motorists, filtering is entirely legal in the UK, providing that it is done safely. Once traffic speeds are high enough to suggest that the traffic is no longer queuing, your manoeuvre may then be regarded as a dangerous overtake by the police.

Here is my video again.
Seems a bit tame compared to bigboy video.:laugh:

Lane Splitting and Filtering are both violations here in Florida. We have such an attitude problem with drivers that even if it were legal, I'd be very wary. I was running last week and a driver got mad at me for using the cross walk in front of him. He was turning right and didn't really want to stop.

I just couldn't do that..... I'd be too afraid of some a-hole cager getting mad and just easing over a little bit.

California had the same issue as all people state if it was made legal now. Yes people would have to adjust but it saves so much time and a life. All states should allow lane splitting. In California you are allowed if traffic is going slower than 15mph. One thing I hated about AZ is having to sit in traffic while its 120 outside cooking and having the heat from the engines blast in your face. This is more dangerous than if I was splitting. which I had to do to save my life. Maybe I wont when they create a AC suit for the bike lol

Be careful swerving in and out of the carpool lanes (illegal for cars and bikes alike)....that is one very hefty fine if you get tagged.

It is a time saver but way to much risk for me...you might as well cruise the bonus lane at least there is no traffic in that lane.

That's not lane splitting. You had a little yellow highway lol.

Agreed ^^^

Seems like there is a lane just for lane splitting. Those highways probably had lane splitting in mind when there were
built and or if they have been updated in the last 20 years or so.

Lol don't let me temp u. Idk if I woulda done it on that lane in the highway. Don't know the legalities on those kind of lanes except that I know in the bay it's considered a separate road. You can only enter and exit them where posted.

That's legal in the UK.. my only comment is that the speed differential between cars and bike doesnt seem to be small enough, so i'd expect to get tugged by the police for it... There is no way to avoid hitting a car changing lanes on you at that speed difference

FYI i always have one finger covering the front brake ready for that emergency stop :)

Pulling in your mirrors? Fail!!! Sorry, but you're not ready for this. When the CHP get's behind you and turns on the red lights, you'll not see them, keep going, and he'll tag you as a scofflaw. Instant ticket.

And wearing a t-shirt isn't making it either. If a cager ruins your day, the skin on your arms is gone!!

The law allows lane-sharing, so you must share one lane. You are just changing lanes over a sold yellow. Another ticket.

A few examples:

If traffic is travelling at speed, just sit back and enjoy the ride and wait for it to back up before you need to share.

Sorry to be tough, but I've seen just about everything that can go wrong, and it doesn't matter who's right or wrong when you're laying on the ground.

Back