Tolltags

texomawaves

Registered
I live in North Texas and use the NTTA tollways. I don't want to mount the big ugly "T" tolltag sticker on my brand new windshield. Do any of you guys cut out the RF chip and mount it somewhere out of site? Thanks! Chris

I used to put mine in my tank bag? Is it the big plastic box kind or the decal?

I avoid toll roads like the plague. AKA a Ripoff. Property taxes and income taxes should cover roads - and they want to charge you extra?

You have a Busa - Use the back roads and get there just as fast. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Call the DOT and tell them you live in a bad neighborhood and don't want stick it on your brand new bike so that someone
can come by and rip it (the toll sticker) off. Then ask them what are your options. If the RF chip is strong enough can you carry it in your wallet or jacket?

Could you mount it on a piece of plastic and put it up near your windshield? Maybe a small piece of Velcro to hold it in place.
then put it in your jacket when you get to your detestation? They might not allow that thinking you are going to use it on multiple vehicles?

If the signal is strong enough, could you mount it on the inside of a fairing? Then no one could see it or rip it off.

Sorry I can't help more. Someone will be along to give you the low down on this subject.

ALL great ideas. I tend to like the idea of placing it under the fairing or under the rear hump. Hopefully NTTA can detect it. I don't know if the plastic box tolltags are still available. I know the ugly T stickers are the common thing.

we don't have any provisions for motorcycles here in SE VA. They won't even sell you one for a motorcycle.

ALL great ideas. I tend to like the idea of placing it under the fairing or under the rear hump. Hopefully NTTA can detect it. I don't know if the plastic box tolltags are still available. I know the ugly T stickers are the common thing.

Just remember that if you put it under the rear hump and then want to take a passenger for a ride
it won't be with you to go through a toll, and if you forget to replace the seat with the hump - well that would be a bummer.

You probably aren't going to ride without a fairing on, so that is why I suggested the fairing - but you will need to
check out if the robbers can detect the signal when you go through. :laugh:

Isn't there a website that has info on where to place the sticker?
NOT all bikes have a windscreen - where do they place the sticker?

Here in Northern CA we have FastPass. I bought one FastPass transponder and it sits at home in a drawer. All of my cars and the bike's license plates are registered with their website. When I drive through it takes a pic of my plate and charges it to my account.

They don't tend to get me on the busa though. I split the lanes on the carpool side and the cameras don't pick it up :) They just started making carpools and bikes pay last year. Greedy #*%^*#*(%^(#.

In Kansas we have three choices, sticker type, portable hard case, and a tag mount. The portable hard case and the tag mount is small enough to mount on the busa. We can also use ours on the Oklahoma turnpike, North Texas tollways, other Texas tollways, and the Tulsa Airport parking garage.

I have one on my truck...but went online and add to the list my wifes car, bike, trailer,other car...and don't have to put another sticker on them.

So just set it up on a car you a vehicle you don't mind having a sticker on.....

Back