41 tooth Rear Sprocket

tinmann840

Registered
What size rear sprocket does the hayabusa come with stock ? and how would a 41 tooth rear and a stock front affect preformance ?

The rear stock is 40...I don't think a stock front and a 41 on the rear is gonna have any noticeable effect...Most go down one in the front and if that's not enough 42 on the rear...So you would end up in essense at 16/42...

tinman, I did a 42 rear on mine and love it, front is stock 17. I was thinking about 16 for the front but now after spending some time on the bike, I think 17/42 is where I want to be. Front end comes right up on a second gear roll on. Have not been able to figure out first yet, it's fairly violent on a 4500 rpm roll-on, it's either fry or fly depending on the road surface, either way the front end is coming up right ****** now. Fun in a scary way...
wow.gif

I think it depends on how good of a rider you are and how far your racing. The usual story I tell is when I was 16 on front and buddy on 1000 was stock geared, I would pull him out of the hole from a 1st gear 30 kick, then I would watch him go bye and proceed to walk away. Mind you we only had 6 hp difference. If you cant keep the nose down it doesnt do any good at all to go with lower gear ratio. Im running 17 and 39 it feels great, I can give it everything it has especially when im strapped and lowered without worrying about bringing up the front and then i depend on my hp to take care of the rest!

I'm a 16/42 type guy. Love the low-end torquiness and the ease at which the front end comes up in 2nd. Very smooth and controllable depending on your RIGHT hand...
smile.gif

Back