Trailering the bike... to cover or not to cover..

CoolRider

Registered
Hello!
To those of you who trailer the busa...

Do you strap it in and then put a cover on it?

I am planning a fairly long haul (2000+ miles) and am concerned about the plastics seeing that many miles worth of sand/dust/kick-ups without me on it......
smile.gif

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

Never trailered the Busa, but if/when I do, it will definitely be covered. Just a peace of mind.

If you trailer get one of those really tight covers, i trailered my bike with the cover on from IL to NC and when i got to NC the cover looked like it had been put in a meat grinder not to mention the frabric particals embeded in every crevace of my bike. If you cover get a fitted cover

I asked my dealer the same question when I bought my bike and he recommended covering with a fitted cover like this or no cover at all. I was going to use a Delcon cover, but realized the wind and flapping would cause significant damage to the cover and/or the bike.

<a href="http://www.gezagear.com">Geza Gear<a>

syYAMAHAR1FINALhomepg.jpg

Darn Bigbsbusa you beat me to the punch yes use the Geza gear cover it's great i have one for my busa already plan to order another for the other bike i don't trailer much but when i do i perfer them covered

hey what's up? i have to tell you, unless the bike is completely covered or in a enclosed trailor it really does not matter it will get filthy. i have trailored mine from houston tx to chgo,las vegas, and numerous local area's and it's always the same result, you'll be cleaning it when you get to your location(lol).
make sure you lve no straps just hanging loose, they can flap and destory your fairings.

Austin_Texas_002.jpg

I just got home from hauling my busa in the back of a truck 1200 mi with no cover and not many problems. granted I didn't have the sand and stuff kicked up from a vehicle directly in front of it. If you can find a cover that will fit when you have the straps on I would use that..... can't hurt any.
tounge.gif

Granted also helps i built a heck of a salt/wind shield on my trailer also takes car of all the crap that comes off my vehicle granted there is usually some wipe down needed regardless i have a enclosed trailer also and it's acutally worse with the dust then my open is

NEVER EVER NEVER COVER THE BIKE. The softess material will blow in the wind and smudge the paint. It will rub ut after hours and hours of hand work. i did it once and never again after the once.

I agree with NE. The same thing happened to me that Him said. By the time I got to Myrtle Beach, my new cover was in shreads.
laugh.gif

Not only that but it's like covering your bike with fine sand paper!
mad.gif
Once the wind starts flapping it, it will go right through the clear coat and F*#k your paint up BAD!
mad.gif

DO NOT EVER COVER YOUR BIKE ON A TRAILER!

Something like the Geza Gear could work but I have seen to many messed up by doing this to even try now!
wink.gif
blush.gif

mad.gif

the last statements seem the best, i want a trailor, but enclosed, because when you get to your final destination you want to ride not wash your bike, and i have heard the cover's end up in shred's

Back