Gen 3 gonna be a turbo?

BKing1340

Registered
The busa responds really well to turbos and I'm wondering if the gen 3 will be a reworked/turbo gen2?

The kawa h2 looks like it will be forced induction. It's about time bikes got in touch with the times of smaller cc forced induction engines.

Imagine a gen3 with 250bhp :)

If the new kawa gets 225bhp then a 20 % increase should see 250bhp and that sounds right for a hyper bike!:please::please:

Don't see it as a stock application. Just aftermarket. But see more forced induction systems for bikes and if there's any real changes to the GenIII then maybe some out of the box bolt on applications.

Don't hold your breath.... suzuki has been dragging it's feet 4 quite some time and the busa isn't the flag ship bike. technically speaking it's a "sport touring" motorcycle so I highly doubt they will introduce the Gen3 with a blower. Expect more of the same and specs similar to the 14R

The busa responds really well to turbos and I'm wondering if the gen 3 will be a reworked/turbo gen2?

The kawa h2 looks like it will be forced induction. It's about time bikes got in touch with the times of smaller cc forced induction engines.

Imagine a gen3 with 250bhp :)

If the new kawa gets 225bhp then a 20 % increase should see 250bhp and that sounds right for a hyper bike!:please::please:

There were a few factory turbo bikes back in the 80 ' s I believe? They weren't too successful I believe they got a bad rap for not being reliable.

Still can't wait to see this thing run on the street...... I might just have to get a bigger spring....

Not much was reliable in the 80's.
Turbo applications have come along way since then.
Forced induction is necessary or the bikes will get too heavy with the ever increasing cc that's required to get the numbers up. The hp in cars have rocketed in recent years thanks to turbos. Bikes don't get the same or similar increases.

The turbo bikes of the 80's were so you could buy a smaller displacement bike, but have "all" the performance of a big bike. I had a Yamaha Seca 650 turbo. Way too heavy, it had better performance than another 650. I traded it off for an 89 Katana 1100, much better bike. Better performance, and better ride, and I liked the style. I was about the only one who liked the "shrink wrap" organic-shaped fairing, I still like it....

As for a new 'Busa, probably some day. But not until the market is glutted and they don't sell out regularly.

Kawasaki might be smarter than we think. The Feds are going to come down on motorcycles for emissions. A smaller displacement supercharged or turbo bike can meet those requirements easier than a bigger bore bike. A supercharger is also a better adaptation that a turbo for many reasons from heat to throttle response. If the Feds do crack down on bikes, Kawasaki is way ahead of everyone.

I don't see Suzuki being able to keep up with the H2 if it lives up to the hype. Frankly I don't think anyone is ready for this. Fascinating though as there isn't even a racing application for this bike, or is there?

Ok, not to be a Debbie Downer but seriously? Do you really need a damn turbo on a motorcycle for every day use? The power to weight ratio of any motorcycle is astounding. There are already a ton of negative perceptions about motorcycle riders, sport bike and cruiser. Most riders can't utilize effectively the power that their bike makes off the shelf. Flame away, I know it's coming.

Ok, not to be a Debbie Downer but seriously? Do you really need a damn turbo on a motorcycle for every day use?
ummmm YES!:laugh: does the GT500 need a blower? nope but sure is nice. same with the ZR1. its not about NEED. its about WANT. very few ppl buy a MC for their daily commute. most who buy MC's buy them for fun. a Turbo is just funner....:poke:

ummmm YES!:laugh: does the GT500 need a blower? nope but sure is nice. same with the ZR1. its not about NEED. its about WANT. very few ppl buy a MC for their daily commute. most who buy MC's buy them for fun. a Turbo is just funner....:poke:

Is funner like mosterest fun? BWAHAHAHAHA!

Kawasaki, Yamaha and I think also Suzuki went forced induction in the 80's and then it disappeared.

Turbo Wars: Kawasaki ZX750E1 vs. Yamaha XJ650LJ

Will be interesting to see how long this lasts and if others follow. For the street, IMHO we are about at the limit until someone from a regulatory point of view steps in and spoils the fun.

ummmm YES!:laugh: does the GT500 need a blower? nope but sure is nice. same with the ZR1. its not about NEED. its about WANT. very few ppl buy a MC for their daily commute.....:poke:

Thats just so those car drivers can have a remote chance of keeping up with bikes....a Busa even with a big rider has over 500hp/tonne...few if any cars get close to that without major tuning and very deep pockets.

What does NEED have to do with power? You can NEED more power in your blender, you can NEED more power in your vacuum cleaner, but you WANT more power on a Busa. If it's a busa it comes with all the power you NEED. So, "that's enough power" totally misses the point!

Ok, not to be a Debbie Downer but seriously? Do you really need a damn turbo on a motorcycle for every day use? The power to weight ratio of any motorcycle is astounding. There are already a ton of negative perceptions about motorcycle riders, sport bike and cruiser. Most riders can't utilize effectively the power that their bike makes off the shelf. Flame away, I know it's coming.

I need it for every other day use. ...:whistle:

Kawasaki might be smarter than we think. The Feds are going to come down on motorcycles for emissions. A smaller displacement supercharged or turbo bike can meet those requirements easier than a bigger bore bike. A supercharger is also a better adaptation that a turbo for many reasons from heat to throttle response. If the Feds do crack down on bikes, Kawasaki is way ahead of everyone.

I don't see Suzuki being able to keep up with the H2 if it lives up to the hype. Frankly I don't think anyone is ready for this. Fascinating though as there isn't even a racing application for this bike, or is there?

I was just reading about the H2. And supercharged right? Looks like they are title hunting again. I wish Suz would jump the gsxr line up back to the forefront. It's about time doncha think? Well Kawa thinks it's their time to bring back the good o' days. And I think the H2 is gunning for the 1000rr from what I've read.

Wonder how the bike will be classified? It can't race against the liter bikes. This is going to be interesting, the fastest bike is a sports bike that can't race. Or maybe Kawasaki finally realized the Hayabusa is the best hyperbike because it is a big sports bike rather than a fast touring bike like the Zx-14?

its signs of the times with EPA restrictions. forced induction has become standard on jet skis and sleds and even on many DD cars these days. bikes will soon all have blowers. even the touring bikes. its a far more efficient way to make power.

you know once one manufacture comes out with one the rest will follow suit shortly thereafter. the faster they get the more fatal accidents will likely occur tho.

I remember back in 1986 hearing about a guy in the next town over dyeing on his GPZ750 Turbo bike after striking a tree. and he like many others wud go into a turn and then throttle out with the turbo building boost and then ride right thru the corner and strike trees and telephone poles.

one shud really have to acquire some sort of special motorcycle license to be able to operate or purchase a liter bike makn 175+ hp or more.... so if this is makn 225 hp its gonna be a favorite for every wannabe racer and unfortunately a lot of kids will die as a result. ill bet this bike has great throttle response but that will be a death trap for the inexperienced thinkn he's at the isle of man.....:whistle: in his neighborhood as he mounts the neighbors oak tree at 60 mph...:whistle:

bikes are gettn stupid fast right out of the box now.

its signs of the times with EPA restrictions. forced induction has become standard on jet skis and sleds and even on many DD cars these days. bikes will soon all have blowers. even the touring bikes. its a far more efficient way to make power.

one shud really have to acquire some sort of special motorcycle license to be able to operate or purchase a liter bike makn 175+ hp or more.... so if this is makn 225 hp its gonna be a favorite for every wannabe racer and unfortunately a lot of kids will die as a result. ill bet this bike has great throttle response but that will be a death trap for the inexperienced thinkn he's at the isle of man.....:whistle: in his neighborhood as he mounts the neighbors oak tree at 60 mph...:whistle:

bikes are gettn stupid fast right out of the box now.

I wonder if they are all still going to be governed by that gentleman's agreement back in was it 2000? But either way, the technology has been there for people to do it on their own and it's only gotten cheaper with the more folks that do it. I say that to say that I don't think there will be an increase in deaths just because the H2 comes out. I would think it's almost be cheaper to purchase a used bike and turbo or supercharge it. The ones that are going to be extra stupid on it are the ones that are already going to be grabbing the cheap eBay kits any how. In short if you're logic was true, every kid would have had a ZX14 and BMW1000rr in the last couple of years and there would be more deaths. I don't have stats to back it up, but on the local forum and FB groups, everyone is always posting bike down posts. The amount here in Houston of someone doing something stupid vs a cage running someone over seems to stay the same. And we have bikes down here EVERY DAY.. and a few fatalities every week. (I some times wonder how are we even keeping bikes on the road down here).

As far as a special license, I wouldn't too much argue that, but then you'd have to do the same for cars. It's getting to more and more are getting closer to running with bikes and a few simple mods and I've seen them stomp bikes. Meaning, I just don't see that ever happening. All sports cars, high end luxury cars, or any 4 wheel vehicle over 300 horses sales would be in the balance. I believe it's Japan that you have to start on smaller bikes and really work your way up to liter bikes (license wise). So maybe there's a way to adopt that system. But whiskey throttle even a 125 dirt bike on the street the wrong way will end up bad.

Back