Custom Leathers?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Can someone give me some ideas for affordable custom leathers or point me to this thread? I know I read one awhile back but can't find it.

The guy that owns this company is a riding friend of mine. I've known him for 7 years now and he is also the owner of ncsportbikes.com so it's not like he is going anywhere. I've seen the suits and gloves for myself, first class all the way. I known a bunch of local riders that are using his suits and known of several track day riders that have been down at 100+ with no failures. Hope this helps. PM me if you need anything or have anymore questions. Butch

Hazardous Racing

Road riding with occasional track day. 2 piece a must. I am a huge guy, 6' 300 lbs. Most people say can you even ride on a track, shouldn't you be on a Harley? Lol!

I used spartan leathers.

1185081_428412060601064_1310111475_n_zps45fd5874.jpg

Willie, I'm taller and heavier than you described, and I get around just fine. As long as the suspension is upgraded and all sorted out, as I believe yours is, there's no reason at all that someone your size can't have a great time on the track.

My suit is very high quality and fully customized to my size and specs. I got it from Spartan Leathers for about $800. The owner runs the business as a side job out of his home, so he has virtually no overhead and the prices are very reasonable. He's very professional and easy to work with. There are lots of options for vents, collar style, zippers, perforations, leather colors, etc, but I believe the only one that costs extra is upgraded armor. It's racetrack crash tested (oops) and Flicka approved.

I also have an Icon Stryker vest to wear under the suit. It's pretty comfortable and seems to work very well. It is available in a "2X/3X" size.

194107_10151258821298140_2058346360_o.jpg

DSC02422.jpg

DSC02416crop.jpg

stryker_mens_vest.jpg

194107_10151258821298140_2058346360_o.jpg

DSC02422.jpg

DSC02416crop.jpg

stryker_mens_vest.jpg

prices look great and I even like the style, thanks for that link I'll be ordering very soon. I hope for your sake there is a referral bonus :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Road riding with occasional track day. 2 piece a must. I am a huge guy, 6' 300 lbs. Most people say can you even ride on a track, shouldn't you be on a Harley? Lol!

I would ignore all that noise. Best of luck with the leathers.

Went Spartan Flicka, tell them they owe you a commission. I popped for their full armor so that I don't have to worry about fit. Man that blew my rim money! But I have been debating Tuff for so long I decided it was time to get on a track and see how good I really am. I have already had a knee down several times but I am sure my body position and braking need instruction.

Yes you can get a commission too. But it was the pictures of Dan that sold me. We are a similar shape :whistle:

Glad to see you taking that first step Arch - track days are a boatload of fun, just don't try to take all the track records the first day!

Glad to hear this, Willie. Bring the pics when the suit comes in. :thumbsup:

Back