Cheap way to move Busa from Nc to Ca

ncyellowbusa

Registered
Was wondering if anyone has a cheap alternative to transport a busa from Nc to Santa Barbara Ca? I've got a couple of quotes that just really seemed crazy(700.00-900.00) but didn't know if anyone here at the org may know of a cheaper way. I'll be heading out there within the next week and a half

2700 miles one way. I've driven it 6 times in a car, takes me two full days of driving(44hrs total) and I'd be totally beat for two or three days thereafter. I'm not sure if I'd really be game to ride the busa that far in one shot. I figure it would probably take me 4 days of good riding which would mean at least two or three nights in a hotel plus the fuel( 90gal appx) and I've already got a ticket to La :-(. I really need to ship it of possible. It's only got 2030mi as of today and don't want double my milage on one trip either :-)

Are you moving by yourself?? If you have a spouse or family member that's available i'd just rent a pickup truck from enterprise strap it in the back and go.

$700 doesn't seem too high considering it's 2700 miles. If that is insured and with a reasonable delivery date it may be your best option.
I assume that this is going to be a one time move of the Busa, right. Better not go too cheap and have something happen. Remember you get what you pay for.

Then again, your flying out. What are you going to do about a vehicle?
Is someone going to drive your 4 wheeled vehicle out to you? Are you never coming back?
Why are you flying if your moving?

Lot of possibilities - hard to offer advice if we don't know all the facts.

Bottom line - you want your bike in CA. Grin and bare it and pay the fee.

Since u have low miles on ur Busa. Look into California DMV bs laws. Law states cannot be registered with under 7500 miles unless the epa sticker states conforms to us and California on it. Left side of bike on frame.

Last one I got from Cali 6 years ago cost $600. So 700 seems abt right if you figure how the cost of most stuff slowly rises.

I just moved and I need to register mine, I do have over 7500 miles, but it does not say 50 state compliant on the sticker. I hope I can register it.

Have you gotten Mark, Jennifer, and Jarret to bid on hauling it? :laugh:

Have you gotten Mark, Jennifer, and Jarret to bid on hauling it? :laugh:
I would not let these monkeys carry a paper bag across the street for me. That show is a joke. The new guy Dusty would last about 30 sec with me and I would fire his ass. Best of luck on getting it there.

Since u have low miles on ur Busa. Look into California DMV bs laws. Law states cannot be registered with under 7500 miles unless the epa sticker states conforms to us and California on it. Left side of bike on frame.
This is only true if your in CA and your buying a bike from out of state. If the bike is already registered to him he will have no problems registering it in CA.

This is only true if your in CA and your buying a bike from out of state. If the bike is already registered to him he will have no problems registering it in CA.

Thats good information know, thank you for posting!

Not moving perminately, going for work and will be out there less than a year. Not planning on registering it in ca. or getting a ca license. Did read some stupid rule that if you bike is manufactured after xx/2013 you have to leave the stock exhaust in it. Not sure if that'll still apply since I'm a nc resident and not titling it in ca.

If you never get pulled over - you won't have any problems. :laugh:

So have you found a way to get your bike out there?
If so, how and how much?

Guess I'm gonna put it on u-ship. Looking like about 600.00-700 maybe:-( just don't see how it can be that much to send a bike across country

Didn't you say 2700 miles?

If I drove my vehicle with my trailer and the bike enclosed 2700 miles I'm pretty sure that it
would cost that much for fuel alone, not to mention rest stops and food etc.

So if U-ship has to hire a driver and buy the truck and pay the insurance and the fuel cost etc. I'd
think that there wouldn't be to much profit left over, after a 2700 mile delivery.

If you found someone with a pickup truck they might be able to do it slightly less,
but not if they had to make a return trip! Count your blessings I heard to send a bike overseas is well over a grand.

Did you post, why are you flying out (maybe I missed it) instead of driving?
Less then a year? Even if it was only 6 months, don't you need other stuff to survive?
Is the company you work for supplying you with a furnished apartment or house to live in? and a car to?
so all you need is your bike? How about clothes, and other personal stuff?

I don't blame you at all for wanting your bike with you. If I went to CA, I'd take my bike in a heartbeat to ride
year round in some of the best weather in the states. Just be prepared for 9% tax and higher prices on most stuff there.
I wouldn't change the registration either - Like I said just be cool and you won't have any problems. I lived in another state
for 18 months with a 4 wheel vehicle and 2 bikes and never had a problem. Even call my home state and had them send the
license plate renewals to me telling them I was just on a long trip but would be returning, which I did eventually. :laugh:

Shipping costs, all there is to it. I'm gonna be bringing a skid plate for a jeep jk with me to Hawaii on the plane because its 92$ to ship a 70$ part.

Not moving perminately, going for work and will be out there less than a year. Not planning on registering it in ca. or getting a ca license. Did read some stupid rule that if you bike is manufactured after xx/2013 you have to leave the stock exhaust in it. Not sure if that'll still apply since I'm a nc resident and not titling it in ca.

If you never get pulled over - you won't have any problems. :laugh:
Basically true. They can't pull you over for having a modified exhaust. If they pull you over for any kind of moving violation then they could add modified exhaust to the citation. This actually isn't new they just made it easier to give you the ticket and harder to fight it.

You'll be ok out here bro,I haven't even displayed my license plate(keep it in the hump)since 2008 and have had a Brocks Short Meg on my 2011 for over 2 years,and have never even been pulled over.:thumbsup:

(probably just jinxed myself:laugh:)

You'll be ok out here bro,I haven't even displayed my license plate(keep it in the hump)since 2008 and have had a Brocks Short Meg on my 2011 for over 2 years,and have never even been pulled over.Last I saw there were over 800,000 registered bikes out here so they have plenty of knuckleheads to choose from.:thumbsup:

(probably just jinxed myself:laugh:)

Back