Gen iii hayabusa coming!

J to the D

Registered
So I came across this post and thought I would share it. ;)

~

Suzuki Hayabusa replacement planned? - Motorcycle news: New bikes - Visordown

Motorcycle news: New bikes
You are looking at: Home : Motorcycle news: New bikes
Suzuki Hayabusa replacement planned?

New model rumoured
Posted: 15 April 2014
by Visordown News

SUZUKI’S Hayabusa is one of those bikes that’s carved out its own niche in motorcycling. It’s a legend that’s gained hoards of followers over the last 15 years since the first-generation bike was revealed - and now we’re hearing that a third-generation version is on the cards.

Believe it or not it’s approaching seven years since the current ’Busa appeared in late 2007 and apart from a couple of tweaks to the brakes for the 2013 model, which gained ABS and Brembo calipers, there haven’t been any real updates during that time. And its basic design is older still, since the engine architecture and the frame design are basically the same as the first generation Hayabusa, which dates back to 1999.

These days a 1000cc superbike can offer the sort of straight-line performance that was the Hayabusa’s USP when it first appeared, while thrashing it in terms of handling. Yet the more relaxed riding position and handling of the bigger bike means it’s retained a loyal following. And of course, once a bit of tuning is thrown into the mix, the relatively long-wheelbase Suzuki is still hard to beat in a drag race.

Now Visordown has heard that, thanks to the Hayabusa’s enduring success, the bike’s successor is approaching completion, ready to appear in late 2014 or 2015. The launch timing itself is likely to be decided not only by the machines’s development but the eventual appearance of a new GSX-R1000, also rumoured for 2015, to coincide with Suzuki’s re-entry to MotoGP.

If the GSX-R1000 does appear later this year as a 2015 model, it’s likely the Hayabusa won’t be launched alongside it, instead being held back until the 2016 model year.

I open these threads out of desperation more than excitement anymore.... And then I realize I have no payment and don't want one anyway. I would like to see some eye candy tho.

I think Suzuki loves to tease us.

In all fairness it will be hard to beat what we have now.
Yes there are many things I would change or add to the newest Busa, but manufacturers are
always concerned with making money and maybe not making to many changes so that there
is room for improvement when the next generation is due.

I think a more practical way is not to wait for Suzuki, but to upgrade your bike to Gen X: add a turbo, HH pads, steel braided brake lines, maybe suspension. I doubt Gen 3 will have more power than even stage 1 turbo for Gen 1 (close to 250 hp). I've been enjoying my Gen X for 1.5 years now. What a rush!:super:

So I wonder if when the next gen actually does come out our Gen 2 accessories will still fit. It will be interesting to see if we can use our aftermarket exhaust cans or even header. And what about things like Buell pegs, Soupys handlebar risers, etc. Guess we will have to wait and see.

As much as I'd love to see this happen, I'm guessing this will be just another year of BNG III

Ill believe when I see it,lol. The list of improvements would be endless but at least the same size or bigger motor than the 14R...

BB

Modern electronics, traction control etc. Maybe even a track mode that removes all restrictions. Suspension setup/adjustability that suits larger people. If you look at the kind of electronics BMW and Ducati are putting on their bikes, I think that would be a good thing to match. I would like to see some nice wheels also. I would also like to be able to change the oil filter easily without removing the darned fairings. That along with a fat torquey, screaming motor that's second to none!

Nothing will be concrete until October at the dealer show. The President of Suzuki did send out a video indicating "big news", and pics of like 3 crates that were all covered with "exciting new models". We will see though. Having worked the corporate side of the business, new models often mean nothing but BNG.

If you look at the kind of electronics BMW and Ducati are putting on their bikes, I think that would be a good thing to match. I would like to see some nice wheels also.

I totally agree with you these things would be nice 2 see however when you start matching what BMW and Ducati are doing you have to match the price tag that comes along with it......:hide: I don't know many who have $20+ grand to spend or even finance for a bike. Some but not most.....

I was looking @ a Panigale S 1199 the other weekend and while it was a gorgeous piece of machinery with all the bells whistles and trimmings 1 could ask for it would set me back $26 grand when it was all said and done tax tag and title out the door. Those extras are nice but not that nice..... been riding for quite some time w/o ABS and all those other features and been doing just fine. Still having fun and still faster than most :whistle:

I think you can count on the newest, biggest and baddest costing more than it does now. I bet the new one is around 2K more than what they go for today. I also think most of those features can be included with Japanese engineering for a whole lot less than a Duck or Beemer. Part of their appeal is status and exclusivity. The ZX-14 has a few bells and whistles that I'm sure the Gen 3 will have.

I would ask only 3 things

1. It must have that unmistakable Hayabusa look that makes it stick out in a crowd of bikes.
2. It must remain affordable - uber electronic bells and whistles are nice but a higher price isn't.
3. For the love of God and all things holy no "I got kicked in the ass!" tail.

Back