Sale opinion

StrtRac3r

Registered
So cycle gear has the bto16 on sale. $216 for the pair. I hope I don't start too much of a debate. But at this price, are these worth it? I've never run a set of Bridgestone so looking for people who have. If not ill leave it on stands till the dunlops are on sale again.

As far as my riding style I cruise/commute 70% of the time. And some spirited riding when I get out with my friends.

Pilot road 3 or 4 are way better tire and last much longer. Bridgestone make excellent bike tires though, i would take them any day over dunlop.

BB

Do the math.

$450.00 (tires and labor) for a set of Pilot Road 3's that last 15,000 miles= .03 cents per mile. (My scenario currently).

$275.00 (tires and labor) for a set of soft and sticky tires that last 5,000 miles = .055 cents per mile. (Might be yours)?

Kinda makes you choose if your money is disposable or not. :thumbsup:

If you mount and balance your own tires, then you might get different figures.

You won't go wrong with the BT-016 for that price. I wouldn't say they're the best rubber out there at this point, but it's a fine tire. They are a good all-round sport tire. Not a race tire, but not a sport-touring tire, either.

Just a plug for my current tires... I've been on Pirelli Angel GTs for a good while now, and they are fantastic. Plenty of grip for anything a reasonable sport rider might be doing in public, but they are also getting great tread life. They grip, handle, and last far better than the Pilot Road tires I have used.

Pilot road 3 or 4 are way better tire and last much longer. Bridgestone make excellent bike tires though, i would take them any day over dunlop.

BB

The Pilot Road series will last longer in most cases, but they are a very different tire than the BT-016. The PR series are sport-touring tires all the way around, and they are not as capable as the BT-016 in sport situations. Both are high-quality tires, but it's an apples to oranges comparison. Pilot Roads are better compared to something like a BT-023.

Why the hostility against Dunlops? The Q2 and Q3 are top-notch performers and widely respected for true sport riding.

AFter just doing a track day on the bt016 pros I have to say I loved them, they heated up really well and felt nice and sticky on the track. They held up rather well in my opinion for a track day and based on the wear of them I expect Ill get atleast 2 more track days on them. I can't give you any reference though for using them on the streets.

It's always nice to have a new set of tires to go on the bike, whether you need them right away or not. Also, if you are a "change tires at the beginning of the season" guy, 10k miles on a PR3 or PR4 may not interest you.

AFter just doing a track day on the bt016 pros I have to say I loved them, they heated up really well and felt nice and sticky on the track. They held up rather well in my opinion for a track day and based on the wear of them I expect Ill get atleast 2 more track days on them. I can't give you any reference though for using them on the streets.

Was that a Busa track day?

And thanks for the replies everyone. My budget was about this price. I do prefer a bit of extra ability (in the tires) to mileage of a touring tire, I've still never tried one though. And my main goal was to get a set to finish out the season so I didn't even bring up that I was considering the stealths as well. After seeing the strange super wide look of the stealth front tire I decided I will probably never get those.

Oh and those angel gt tires look sweet. But I missed the sale last month.

image-3911813375.jpg

image-3911813375.jpg

Gonna have to hit the local twisties tomorrow. Then Saturday got a good 5 hour ride planned.

Tonight is just a couple drinks and cleaning the wheels and install.

Gonna have to hit the local twisties tomorrow. Then Saturday got a good 5 hour ride planned.

Tonight is just a couple drinks and cleaning the wheels and install.

Good deal. Fishhook and I are hitting the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway in the morning. :cheerleader:

Good deal. Fishhook and I are hitting the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway in the morning. :cheerleader:

Someday ill get out your way. Man kinda makes me wanna be towards the east coast with all these meets and well known rides. Out on the west coast most are too cool to meet it seems.

**edit, I guess we got highway 1. But riding alone is not as much fun.

Was that a Busa track day?

And thanks for the replies everyone. My budget was about this price. I do prefer a bit of extra ability (in the tires) to mileage of a touring tire, I've still never tried one though. And my main goal was to get a set to finish out the season so I didn't even bring up that I was considering the stealths as well. After seeing the strange super wide look of the stealth front tire I decided I will probably never get those.

Oh and those angel gt tires look sweet. But I missed the sale last month.

Yes it sure was a Busa track day :)

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/cont...-topeka-track-day-07-12-14-a.html#post3120583

Not sure if the q3 are on rebate still but after rebate I got my set for 212 I think from motomummy.com.

Love that tire!

Someday ill get out your way. Man kinda makes me wanna be towards the east coast with all these meets and well known rides. Out on the west coast most are too cool to meet it seems.

**edit, I guess we got highway 1. But riding alone is not as much fun.

If you are on the West coast, I've heard that there aren't any roads worth riding east of Utah...

Been using BT016 for a long time. It's really good for aggressive riding and track days. With 70% commuting you will quickly square off the tire. It may last 2, maybe 3 track days and some street riding. But for mostly street riding, probably 4-5k miles, depending how you ride. Obviously, the front may last longer, but I prefer to change both at the same time. I honestly rode on BT014 back in the day, and switched to BT016 once they came out, so I really cannot compare to other tires. Don't want to change the tire which works for me.

Currently running Battlax's on my GSX1400 and just fitted a part worn 190/55 S20R
to my Hayabusa. Normally use Pilot Powers, Pilot Roads, Qualifiers or Sportsmarts on
my bikes recently but I'll go Bridgestone if the price is right. They are OK for me.

167051j.jpg

These are the pegs on my GSX14 fitted with BT023's, a touring tyre.
A good combination of grip, wear and feel. Considering they are sold
as a touring tyre I'm unite impressed. The 14 doesn't touch down easy.

29wk1gk.jpg

Back